• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

can rabbits go out

Yup, hey all are on a slope. Even with this torrential rain we have had they runs have stayed dry, which is perfect. I just use wood underneath the plastic to prop it up a bit. Works a treat.

Is it just sitting on or screwed on? Where did you get the plastic?

Is it just sitting on or screwed on? Where did you get the plastic?

The plastic in the second picture is screwed onto a frame that can be lifted on and off the run. The first picture it is just placed on and weighted down. It means that it's far more flexible and when its sunny it can come easily off, and go on very quickly if it rains or anything.

You can buy it from B&Q. They have some better stuff that is black, and it keeps the area cool in the summer and warm in the winter. I haven't experienced it in the cold, but in the hot it keeps it REALLY cool, very ideal for bunnies in fur coats.

Depends on the bunny I think, whether they like the wet or not.
Salt and Pepper had the option to go out on the grass today, and refused! Would sooner eat hay than go on the wet grass!
Can't keep Pippin away - he adores being on the grass, wet or not!

My bunnies seem to enjoy being out whatever the weather and have free range of the garden so they are out everyday unless its raining

buns and blu

I have 2 bunnies who are both outside all of the time, their hutches are attached to the run so they can go in and out freely, they love the rain!! Buns sits in it where as Blu runs inside as soon as it starts lol xx

Yer my rabbit is out for the first time today and is lovin it!!

even though the floor is wet he just keeps hopping and juming around the run and the only time he has been inside is to go to the toilet :D he is 1 happy bunny, Thank you ppl for giving me the info that he can go out as he would have still been stuck inside he's hutch till the summer.

Back