• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can I leave them for 2 hours today?

helgalush

Wise Old Thumper
Hi,

I would just like a quick bit of advice please. I have been bonding Starbuck and Fay this weekend (see this link for details http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=202204)

and it has gone quite well - I wouldnt exactly say they are loved up but they are not really fighting or chasing or humping any more (apart from one brief incident about 10pm last night which soon resolved itself and they settled back down).

I have an important HR meeting today about my return to work which may mean I could be gone for up to 2 hours.

Will they be ok to stay together in the pen? I dont want to separate them and be back at square 1 but I also dont want to risk either of them getting badly hurt.

I cant cancel the meeting - if need be I could put one of them in a small cage inside the pen until I get back, but probably this is the same as separating them?

Thanks
Helen

I would probably leave them together, my buns are much quieter during the day, any trouble tends to kick off at night! If there hasn't been any major fighting so far I can't see why they would now..However, you know them best so I'd go with your insticts.

Ok thank you. Sorry for all the questions!! Bonding is so stressful, how do you do it all the time?! :shock:

:lol::lol::lol: I hadnt noticed - is that because I am odd too then??!! :lol::lol:

I didnt end up going out as I seem to have some sort of virus that causes vertigo, I was hoping it would pass but had to cancel the meeting.

About 45 mins ago the rabbits had a major scrap. I panicked and separated them for 5-10 mins, gave them both big hugs (I know I shouldnt I just wasnt thinking).

But have since put them back together again in the kitchen and it is fine again!!

Why do they like to stress us out so much?! :(:roll:

for animals that [we keep being told] like company they sure kick up a stink on introductions!!!:roll::roll:

Back