• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

can anyone recommend a good place to buy neutered bonded rabbits?

It would depend on the rescue, I suppose you might find one that would accept that.

some rescues may not accept photos, as they may not be your own etc etc.

so how about a photo of where they are going to live etc, with you in the photo? which might help.

goodluck with finding a pair of rabbits :wave:

can i not provide a rescue with pictures of my accommodation that we have for rabbits? shame if that's the case then!! france don't care much for rabbits unless they're for eating and the last breeder i bought from over here sold me 2 unhealthy rabbits

That's a shame, poor you, what happened with your two little boys?

Last edited:
The "prices" you see are a minimum adoption fee. However, unlike a shop, no money is made on the rabbits, it is to help cover part of what the rescue has spent on neuters/vaccinations/vet work.

thanks for the french web links

Thanks for the rescue links for places in France. i shall go look at them now :)
also great idea regarding putting me in the photo with the cages. we have two huge homemade and very nice they are too rabbit cages and a huge outdoor running area. i didn't get an autopsy on my 2 boys it was all very sad. i gave them so much love and attention. they were spolit rotten.
thanks again everyone

just looked but they all seem to be for dogs and cats :(
that's the thing you see. although there are a few rescue centers in france they don't tend to have rabbits. the french don't tend to keep rabbits as pets. they keep them for eating instead :(
the breeds they also sell over here in pet shops (where i would not buy from) are not ones i am looking to own
i like the idea of taking in rabbits that need a home more than say babies in a shop.

:wave:

I would definately go to a rescue, Walsall RSPCA have some lovely young pairs in at the minute.

http://www.rspca-walsall.org.uk/newpages/rabbits.htm

They are all neutered, vaccinated and microchipped

Mitsu and Fallow are stunning and very friendly

fallow.jpg

mitsu2.jpg

Another Peaches lookalike! :shock: :love: So pretty :love:

I'm sorry you lost your two boys :(

A great shame none of the French rescues have bunnies - perhaps you could contact a few to ask if rabbits ever come in and leave your contact details just in case? Maybe they don't list them on their websites as rabbits are not as common an intake as cats and dogs.

If you do approach UK rescues then I agree the idea of photos with you in them would be good. Plus, look around this site and rescues' websites etc to get an idea of what they're looking for. Many have minimum accommodation sizes. Access to veterinary care with rabbit knowledgable vets is also important - could you provide this in your area of France given that rabbits aren't a common pet?

I hope you manage to find a pair of rescue bunnies :)

yes i do think i will try to get rescue bunnies from the UK. it won't be too long a trip if i look close to Dover. Our cages are huge so i'm sure they won't be a problem. i can provide such a good home it would be a shame not to be considered.
i can travel to my local town to a very good vet that does treat rabbits as it's such a big town that they care for.

i live next town to dover there is a few rescue in folkestone that do have bunnies, i can assist in helping you pick if you wish, as i know the rescue down this far south are not as strict as they should be as they mainly have cats and dogs, but i do know at least one that has buns too, though im not sure on how they would feel on taking them abroad straight off ?? im gonna ask

thanks for that. yes if you could ask that'd be great.
:D
i am thinking i need to visit a rescue center that has a few neutered pairs

right i found one, they have one bonded pair and singles some are not neutered, but they will get them neutered and vax for you,and bond, i wasnt told fee, she was more concerened on the rules and quarintine etc, you need to find this out, rabbits do not travel well, you would have to go under a house check, and they do have a vet who goes over to france quite a lot, so it is possiable to have a visit done,

to be honest you would idealy need to visit her have a chat etc, then get house check then pick up buns, i think as for a lot of places you wont be able to just look online pick your buns then pick them up and take home there and then,

rescue work hard to ensure animals that get rehomed idealy to their last home, this is why they do all the checks as they dont want to see them dumped again, quite often you will be asked to sign a care form and if for whatever reason you feel you cant cope with them you return them to the rescue

thanks for the further info. i am prepared to wait if it takes time for a rescue to find out that i would make a great mum to 2 paired rabbits. i can't come over for another 3 weeks. perhaps a little more. i'll update with what happens :)
thanks again

"Under current regulations (as long as they are pets) rabbits, rats, mice and other pet rodents do not require a Pets Passport and can be moved freely with out restrictions within the EU as well as Andorra, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, San Marino, Switzerland and the Vatican.
They are not subject to any requirements with regard to Rabies and have no quarantine restrictions on return to the UK. They are however subject to the agreement and conditions of carriage of the transport company. Check in advance that the transport company is willing to transport your pet."

Back