• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can anyone help me find my bargain hutch?

aaammmyyy

Mama Doe
Some of you may know about binky and bella being split up awhile back and binky was in a small hutch; she had the run attached since then thanks to the help of some of you on here!:)
Well, now I've decided that since summers coming I want to get binkys hutch sorted so she will finally get her big hutch and bella can then use the run too!
Ive seen some people on here posting the bargain hutches that they've found on amazon and ebay
And I've looked for ages, but I can't seem to find any, and some of the pictures look big but turn out to be like 4ft x 2 ft

Can anyone send me links or anything to find the right hutch

Im looking to spend around £60-£100 and It would have to be able to be delivered so with delivery too!

I'm strugging to find one but ive seen people post big hutches for like £80 but I can't seem to find them-_-

Thanks in Advance

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Have you tried second hand - ebay, gumtree, preloved etc? You might pick up a bargain on them.

Have you tried second hand - ebay, gumtree, preloved etc? You might pick up a bargain on them.

Yeah I have, but I can only seem to find 4ft hutches:rolleyes:
And it would be me to buy a hutch thinking it was a bargain and its actualy too small for rabbits to use :lol:

You can get a brand new six foot hutch for £115.00, including postage made by the happy hutch company.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6ftX2fX2f...pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Small_Animals&hash=item519

or one for £119.00, including postage made by home and roost

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6ft-Chart...pplies_Small_Animals&var=&hash=item19e913ebe5.

Hope that helps.

I recently got one from the welfare hutch company which was a bit more but is great. Really strong and sturdy. Their customer service is excellent too.

http://www.welfarehutches.co.uk/category/6ft single rabbit hutch.

I reakon its worth paying a bit more to get a new one and not have all the faff of cleaning up and collecting a second hand one. But you may be really lucky and find a decent used one.

Last edited:
Buy mine :lol: I'm not sure where you r but if anywhere near Manchester, might be worth seeing how much 2 men and a van would cost to collect/deliver. May still make it cost effective. If you've not seen them, there's a post in the for sale section :wave:

You can get a brand new six foot hutch for £115.00, including postage made by the happy hutch company.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6ftX2fX2f...pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Small_Animals&hash=item519

or one for £119.00, including postage made by home and roost

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6ft-Chart...pplies_Small_Animals&var=&hash=item19e913ebe5.

Hope that helps.

I recently got one from the welfare hutch company which was a bit more but is great. Really strong and sturdy. Their customer service is excellent too.

http://www.welfarehutches.co.uk/category/6ft single rabbit hutch.

I reakon its worth paying a bit more to get a new one and not have all the faff of cleaning up and collecting a second hand one. But you may be really lucky and find a decent used one.

Thankyou! I've looked at these hutches and they're 6ft x 2ft x 2ft which is a good size, but these are £100+, pets at home sell an £80 hutch with the same mesurments, I was wondering if that cage is any good? Its p@h so it could be pretty hit or miss :lol:

Thankyou! I've looked at these hutches and they're 6ft x 2ft x 2ft which is a good size, but these are £100+, pets at home sell an £80 hutch with the same mesurments, I was wondering if that cage is any good? Its p@h so it could be pretty hit or miss :lol:

I have a P@H hutch I got off ebay at a really good price. Its had many repairs and modifications so was not really a good price in the end. Its very flimsy, draughty, poor quality and isnt going to last long. Ive seen a few on preloved and stuff, worth checking for nearby ones.

I have a P@H hutch I got off ebay at a really good price. Its had many repairs and modifications so was not really a good price in the end. Its very flimsy, draughty, poor quality and isnt going to last long. Ive seen a few on preloved and stuff, worth checking for nearby ones.

I'll have a look now at the P@H hutches, the dandelion den has caught my eye because its rspca regulation size for my netherland dwarf cross and then ill see about buying a second hand run and attaching it, or maybe building one:D but I definitely want a run attached to provide more space for her, shes an energetic little bun :lol:

I'll have a look now at the P@H hutches, the dandelion den has caught my eye because its rspca regulation size for my netherland dwarf cross and then ill see about buying a second hand run and attaching it, or maybe building one:D but I definitely want a run attached to provide more space for her, shes an energetic little bun :lol:

I highly recommend getting a good quality hutch not the pets and home ones. They may be more expensive initially but will last way longer and be much sturdier.

I bought what I thought was a bargain hutch (cheaper than the welfare hutch, etc) and it was MUCH thinner wood and isnt half as good.

I highly recommend getting a good quality hutch not the pets and home ones. They may be more expensive initially but will last way longer and be much sturdier.

I bought what I thought was a bargain hutch (cheaper than the welfare hutch, etc) and it was MUCH thinner wood and isnt half as good.

I was thinking of buying it and modifying it, my first rabbit had a pets at home hutch and my dad agreed to modify it for me and we made it more sturdy, attached a run etc-and for binky im thinking about maybe even building a aviary and then putting the hutch in there, I don't know yet, I plan to still look around at the hutches online

Buy mine :lol: I'm not sure where you r but if anywhere near Manchester, might be worth seeing how much 2 men and a van would cost to collect/deliver. May still make it cost effective. If you've not seen them, there's a post in the for sale section :wave:

I live fourish hours away from Manchester :lol: :lol:

I would definitely recommend getting one of the hutches linked above rather than a pets at home one.

Pets at home ones are flimsy and won't last very long. They're a bad investment. The modications that you do to them will likely soon cover the price difference between the pets at home hutch and the £115 hutch within a year or two. Pets at home hutches often never last more than 2-3 years whereas this hutch should last 10+ years with proper care: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6ftX2fX2f...et_Supplies_Small_Animals&hash=item519f5e2eb8. You can also get one with an integrated run for an excellent price: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sykes-mas...et_Supplies_Small_Animals&hash=item51aad34cb3.

A well built hutch is more comfortable for the rabbit as it's not draughty, doesn't leak and the thicker materials mean it's cooler in Summer and warmer in Winter. The thicker floor is more comfortable for them too rather than a flimsy plastic tray which moves when they move, and provides essentially no insulation from the cold floor. Would you prefer to stand on a wobbly, moving floor or a solid wooden one? The floor itself is also cold in Winter and can get scorching hot in the Summer. There's also been cases before where a rabbit has thumped its foot so hard that it's broken the plastic tray - which is a very dangerous situation as afaik there's no wooden floor underneath unless they've changed the design from when I last saw it? If you want to waterproof the bottom of the wooden hutch you can always get an offcut of lino from your local carpet shop and lay it down. If you cut it precisely into the corners you can use bathroom silicone sealant to seal around the edges to prevent water/wee going underneath and also to prevent chewing.

A predator could also much more easily chew through a pets at home hutch due to the quality of the wood, whereas it'd have a much harder time with a well made hutch. The pets at home hutch is much softer, poor quality wood. The pets at home hutch mesh is also too big - it needs to be 1 x 1 inch minimum, preferably 1 x 1/2 inch mesh. The pets at home ones have much larger mesh gaps which means a cat or fox could easily get its paw in and scratch your bunny - who could easily die of shock, or get an infection in the scratch which can often be fatal. There's been a lot of cases of this.

Are they both spayed now? if so, how about rebonding them? no need for another hutch then! :D

Are they both spayed now? if so, how about rebonding them? no need for another hutch then! :D

Not yet-but they won't be re bonded aftewards unfortunately, bella is absolutely petrified of practically everything since binky attacked her!:( we're working on it, and im saving up for a big hutch now, I might just get her another shed:)

Not yet-but they won't be re bonded aftewards unfortunately, bella is absolutely petrified of practically everything since binky attacked her!:( we're working on it, and im saving up for a big hutch now, I might just get her another shed:)

Sorry to hear that Bella is scared after being attacked. Poor love.

Sheds are just the best in terms of cleaning out and weather protection for the rabbits.

Sorry to hear that Bella is scared after being attacked. Poor love.

Sheds are just the best in terms of cleaning out and weather protection for the rabbits.

Shes kind of bonded to me now, ive got a special place in her heart and im one of the pack :lol: she gets scared even by little children, cars and sirens, sudden movements!

Im debating on this- I want bella to live inside in my room as a house rabbit, and then binky can have bellas shed-but, my family don't seem to agree, I cant afford to move out-and its their house :lol:

Back