• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can anyone confirm

Bea & Floss

Mama Doe
Is this wild cranesbill (geranium)? Thanks :)

cb059ba9.jpg

their favourite!!!

BUT do make sure you dont confuse the leaves with buttercup -

if you can see some of the 'typical' long cranesbill like seed stalks (after the flowers have fallen off) that will be a certain ID.

Also it has rhizomes at the base of the stalk whereas buttercups have trailing numerous roots

their favourite!!!

BUT do make sure you dont confuse the leaves with buttercup -

if you can see some of the 'typical' long cranesbill like seed stalks (after the flowers have fallen off) that will be a certain ID.

Also it has rhizomes at the base of the stalk whereas buttercups have trailing numerous roots

Thank you. Bit scared in case I get it wrong! I'm ok with plantain, white dead nettle and I've now discovered mallow but I think I may steer clear of this, just to be on the safe side! I also see something with sort of feathery leaves (a bit like carrot tops but broader, if that makes sense) but don't have a picture. Any ideas?

Back