• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can any one recommend Happy Hutch?

EB18

Warren Scout
Hi,

Ive been researching hutches online for the last month and everytime i think im about to buy one i find aload of bad reviews, I was going to buy the 6ftx2ftx2ft with 8ft run from the rabbit hutch shop online but found a bad review on here.

http://www.the-rabbit-hutch-shop.com/6ft-5-x-2ft-5-rabbit-hutch-with-a-6ft-x-8ft-run-no-ramps.html

I cant have a shed due to it being a rented property, my bunnys are house rabbits but i want to give them a safe place to play outside when iam at work. I want a hutch and run so that i dont have to worry too much about them. The garden is detached from the house and is paved.

Ive been looking at getting the largest hutch on happy hutch - 6ftx2ftx2ft with 3ftx6ft run. and wondered if anyone had used this company and could vouch for the quality.

http://www.happyhutch.co.uk/details.php?product=74

I've been disappointed with the quality of the ones I had built, when I ordered I said that we live in a very wet area and they need to be able to cope with that, they came with around an inch overhang at the sides and back and slightly more at the front, so we have had to add roofing felt to cover all the sides and back and an extra overhang at the back as well. They still leak after heavy rain!!

In addition several of the hinges rusted through in a year, we had to add stronger mesh as we didn't really feel it was predator proof and it has swivel latches so we had to add bolts as well, though this is true for most hutches.

If you are going to keep it inside or use a hutch cover then I guess the leaking issues will be resolved but I certainly wouldn't recommend them for outside use without extra expenditure on covers, etc.

I got one at the beginning of this year and so far it's been good. I haven't had it through a whole winter yet though somcan't say for sure, but it seems very sturdy so far :)

Are you able to fit in the one with the slightly larger run? Only the ramp takes a little space out of the hutch, so I'm sure your buns would appreciate a little extra space in the run :)

Hi, I think both of those look amazing, I can't see a bad review, but TBH unless it highlights something you feel is valid (Other than just opinion) I wouldn't worry too much about one bad review.

If they look ideal, then check the returns conditions and guarantee if they are good then go for it.
xxx

:Dthank for the feedback. Its going to be kept outside as i have already got large indoor cages for them and they get free run of the house when im there.

The reason i chose that one was because it was single storey so they wouldnt need a ramp and i wanted the option to detach the run and use it on the front lawn when i can supervise them (front lawns not very secure so wouldnt want to leave it there). The run is the larges they do for the hutch, i would probably invest in a larger one eventually if i get this hutch and run.

I have bought a hutch and run from the happy hutch company - it is good quality and they don't use cheap chicken wire on the pens. Asked for next day delivery to be arranged - which they were happy to do!

But it will need two people to put it together - I also find mine a little awkward to clean (I bought the sykes rabbit hutch and pen combo).

Never used the company so I'm no help on that but just wanted to point out that you cant use attached runs separately, as they are missing the side that the hutch goes onto!

I have 2 of the Happy Hutch 6x2x2 hutches with attached 6x3 runs and so far, I'm very happy with them. One is for my son's pair of guinea pigs and is great as it is. The other is for my pair of lionhead lops and I don't think it is really big enough so I have a 6x4 run permanently attached via Runaround tube (initially 8ft but now 16ft) and move that around the lawn.

i bought a couple of hutches from them a few years back and if you buy them as stated on the site then they're ok. when building something to my spec they made so many mistakes, charged me a fortune and refused to sort them out and were exceptionally rude to me. for that reason i would never use them again. :wave:

I have the same hutch and run, so far so good, buns seem to be happy in it. Is a nice size but I also attached a 8ft runaround pipe to another double tier hutch that we had so they have the hutch /run on the concrete and the runaround pipe goes to their double hutch which is on the grass. I have had covers made to go over the hutch and over the run so if it rains they can still go out and play.x:wave:

Back