• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

cage fans

Mrs Carr

Warren Scout
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dog-Crate-Standard-Cooling-Fan/dp/B00E20IJBQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1435606338&sr=8-1&keywords=cage+fan

Has anyone used one of these before? are they any good? and would it be safe to leave switched on while we are out at work? Bit worried about the heat over the next few weeks as our flat tends to get really stuffy over summer and want to make sure Bud doesn't get too warm while we're out. Gave him a few ice cubes today which he LOVED but thought this might be a good extra for him.

I've been looking at these since it started getting warmer but haven't actually committed yet. Fergie is fine with normal fans - I have one going all day in the room to keep it a bit cooler (seems to work OK) but have to make sure the wire is covered really well! If it gets really hot I do sometimes shut him in his pen for an hour with a fan directly on it which cools him right down. I'm guessing these would work quite well without the chewing wires worry :)

Other good cooling methods are a big cold tile for them to lie on, or frozen water bottles (I put mine inside socks) that they can lie near/against and obviously plenty of fresh water - so far these have been enough for Ferg but would be interested to know what cage fans are like if you got one! :)

Would fans still help rabbits cool down, as they don't sweat at all? I'm not sure but it might be worth looking into.

:oops: I thought you meant people who like cages :oops:

Sorry it's been a long week :lol:

:lol: that made me giggle, didn't think the title through too well did I?

I have a desk fan on at the moment that he seems to enjoy but as it's only a cheapie I'd be a bit wary leaving on while we were out. Think I might just take the plunge and invest in one, I'll let you know if it's any good :)

:lol: that made me giggle, didn't think the title through too well did I?

I have a desk fan on at the moment that he seems to enjoy but as it's only a cheapie I'd be a bit wary leaving on while we were out. Think I might just take the plunge and invest in one, I'll let you know if it's any good :)

I have a 12" desk fan on my floor merrily wafting back and forth over my bonding pen it feels lovely on my feet :roll: not sure the rabbits care :roll: and they won't go near a frozen bottle :roll:

I may keep an eye on this, or even buy one ready for our move in 3 weeks! Paranoid about the girls getting too hot on the 4 hour car journey!

Fan finally arrived today and it's definitely worth the money, not overly powerful but it's giving off a lovely gentle breeze and Buddy has plonked himself down in front of it and doesn't look like he has any intention of moving soon. Shame it took so long to get here but it's still quite stuffy in our flat so it's still coming in handy :).

Back