• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

cadberry,

deborah

Alpha Buck
Our old wise orange lop cadberry had to be helped to the bridge on tuesday gone.

He had been doing ok, and still enjoying life and eating well but i had to take hubby to hospital for his anual cancer check, on our return he was obviously in some pain.

I rushed him to our wonderful vet who said nothing more could be done. and he was not happy so i alone had the decision to make, not easy when your speaking with a wet snotty face:( . I have never been so distraught, thank goodness for a supportive gentle vet.

he never felt a thing, he fell asleep in my arms and now rests in peace in my garden.

i dont know how i drove home. lots of guilt still haunt me. but i have been giving lizzy his wife constant cuddles and lovs and she seems to be ok if a little subdued.

I have been dreading this, i knew i would have to face up to it one day, it isnt easy, grief is so painful.

I`m so sorry you`ve had to say `goodbye` to Cadbury:cry: :cry: :cry:

Please don`t feel guilty, you made the dreaded decision because you cared & that was a true act of love.

Binky free Cadbury.....................

hugs to your mummy,
su.x

I'm so sorry, bless you for being strong enough to make the decision for Cadberry. He was lucky to have you as his Mum. Binky free little Cadberry.x

i'm so sorry about your Cadbury. Your helping him to the bridge so he didn't feel any pain is so important, making you a great bunny Mom in both his life and with his departure. Rest in peace Cadbury xx

Back