• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cabbage can kill?

All of ours eat spring greens as the staple part of their diets :) I do not feed lettuce of any type as they get messy bums with it - I don't feed kale, brocolli or spinach for the same reasons. I have found that a couple of our buns are ill if they eat brocolli :shock:
Our normal diet is: Spring greens, celery and celery leaves, bit of carrot, bit of apple (red not green), parsley (little bit due to the calcium) and corriander. They sometimes get a treat with Pak Choi but Billy can't eat it 'cos he gets the mucky bum with that :?
Ours get this diet (plus loads of hay and super forage) twice a day and they all seem alright with it :D

Mine love cabbage leaves.. either green cabbage or savoy cabbage. Neither suffer with runny bottom so seems to be ok for them.

my bunnies have cabbage every night always fed it if i havnt got cabbage they get curly kale which i also grow myself and is ready for them by dec and jan! if they dont have these then they have spring greens

lisa

Cabbage can cause gas and other stomach problems and that is why it shouldn't be fed, or if it is it should only be in small quantities.

I've heard the outer leaves of the cabbage are better and less likely to cause trouble, as they are less likely to cause gas.

i think you just have to judge yourself as it depends on the bunny! as with anything new you have to feed in small amounts, then see how it goes. dusty was so smelly when i gave it to him! so hes never had anymore :lol: i'll stick to broccolli and carrot :wink:

Back