• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Buying Rabbits as a Gift/Charity for Africa.....welfare issues?

Chicken wire, wood, whatever you would make a hutch out of, they have the same things in africa as here generally. I doubt they would have ready made hutches, for one it wouldn't be economical. My husband made his at least 15 years ago and it's still going strong! (And It's much bigger then 3 ft!)

did he spend less than £12?

Oh, and I got the same computerised reply:

Thank you for your query about our Rabbit Rabbit Future Gift.

Hope and Homes for Children work together with children, their families and communities across Central and Eastern Europe and Africa to ensure that children grow up in an environment where they have the opportunity to fulfil their potential. We move children out of institutions into family-based care, help keep together families at risk of breakdown – due to the pressures of poverty, disease or conflict – and work to prevent child abandonment.

As part of our work in Africa we provide families with the opportunity to develop their own sustainable agriculture within the cultural context of their community. We do not send any animals abroad from the UK, everything is sourced locally. By doing this we are providing these families with the opportunity to lift themselves out of abject poverty where they have often had no income, inadequate living conditions, and poor diet and health. We do provide families with advice and support on how to care for their animals.

Back