• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Buying a rabbit

I think it is much less hard work to have them freeranging in the house rather than having to tend to them in a cage/hutch :D

That wouldn't be the case though if they can't be trusted not to eat everything in sight etc

I think it is much less hard work to have them freeranging in the house rather than having to tend to them in a cage/hutch :D

This :D

Plus there is nothing better than watching them roam around all day exploring, flopping out, binkying and generally being cute.

Put the time and effort in, follow the advice on this thread, and I think rabbits can be some of the most rewarding pets you can own :)

It's easy if everything is rabbit proofed.

It's not practical to proof everythign in an average house though - mine eat chairs, carpet, walls, skirting boards, sofa, bed, books....hopefully one day I'll have a spare room with no furniture in it where I can put rabbits an nothing else!

It's not practical to proof everythign in an average house though - mine eat chairs, carpet, walls, skirting boards, sofa, bed, books....hopefully one day I'll have a spare room with no furniture in it where I can put rabbits an nothing else!

It depends what your rabbits are like. We have minimal rabbit proofing in our room- keep wires out of the way, and any books off the floor. Ours our good though- they ignore sofas, skirting boards, etc... I think as long as there is lots of other things to keep them occupied it's ok.

Whenever one of our two try to chew something they shouldn't, we say NO! get an apple twig out, and they stop and chew that instead. It works very well :D

It depends what your rabbits are like. We have minimal rabbit proofing in our room- keep wires out of the way, and any books off the floor. Ours our good though- they ignore sofas, skirting boards, etc... I think as long as there is lots of other things to keep them occupied it's ok.

Whenever one of our two try to chew something they shouldn't, we say NO! get an apple twig out, and they stop and chew that instead. It works very well :D

Louie only eats wires so these are all covered now!

On top of the physical and financial demands of bunnies, they are also incredibly emotionally demanding.

Having an unwell rabbit is completely draining emotionally, but on the other hand they're incredibly emotionally rewarding. Especially when your once timid rabbit bounds over to you, flicking his head, to give you bunny kisses (licks) the minute you walk through the door!

:wave:Well done giving thought to it rather than just buying a cute baby bunny -you've had some good information on costs etc I think I'd ask someone to think about what they are hoping their pet will bring to their life, what you want your pet to be, I feel sometimes that some people for example would be more suited to a cat, rabbits I feel personally are lovely pets and they are affectionate but not necessarily in a 'cuddly' way for example it depends on the rabbit, they do like company of their own kind more than humans I think but then I think that's true for most species.

Hello & welcome :wave:

I've not read any of the posts but Honeybunnies re-home UK wide so please feel free to get in touch if you would like any information on the bunnies we have available :wave:

As long as mine have at least an entire room and plenty of hay they tend to leave other stuff alone now. They are usually to befound eating or sleeping :roll::lol:

Back