• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny's back burnt with chemicals (Pics added)

Awww poor bun.

When I was a kid, some :censored: poured caustic soda over a 2 year old pony's back:shock::evil::cry: He could never be ridden, but he is still going strong as far as I know - his back is still white

while it is likely to be a horrible person being cruel could it be a reaction to medication? for example xenex or rear gaurd? the only reason i add this possibility in is because when we put xenex on chelsea(1 drop on her neck) her back burned bright red and became raw and sore and horrible it spread all over her back too not just where the drop went even tho we immediatly washed it off... possibly worth ringing around local vets if she is a stray(in case being treated already? if someone has intentionally done this to her thats disgudting either way im glad she is in safe hands now.

I took her from a vets and it was them who had said it was some form of chemical, the didn't treat her with Xenox because of the state of her:cry:

I took her from a vets and it was them who had said it was some form of chemical, the didn't treat her with Xenox because of the state of her:cry:

how on earth can people be so cruel its beyond me. poor bun major vibes your way xxx

She is doing really well and it is the burn is drying gradually. She is such a friendly bun and as soon as we have sorted the burn out I will get her spayed.:D

Oh my God!!! what pleasure do people get from being so cruel ? what a beautiful rabbit as well poor girl. I'm afraid this is the world we live in now there is just not the respect there use to be for animals and it saddens me to see things like this. I hope she will be ok Bless her. :(

She is doing really well and it is the burn is drying gradually. She is such a friendly bun and as soon as we have sorted the burn out I will get her spayed.:D

Thank goodness for people like you kayj. Love the little bun to pieces, & give her something special from us. :love: :love: :love: :love:

poor bun. some people are sick :censored:

hope she makes a full recovery and has a great life. she's beautiful.

well done on looking after her. x

Will she be looking for a husbun? :love: My bunny needs a pal and I absolutely adore agoutis!

She will be looking for a partner once I have had her spayed. We are just waiting to see if the hair folicles hace been killed off with the chemicals as we are not sure whether the fur will grow back or not yet.
All the scabbing has nearly gone now which is a start:D.

Oh Kay thats awful. Am so glad she found her way to you. Thankfully her life will be much better from now on at least. Sending :love: to the beautiful girl xx

How is bunny's back now? Is there any sign of fur regrowth? Hoping that the burn wasn't deep enough to kill the hair follicles. Has Bunny got a name yet?
Wishing you all the best
Judy & Thumper.

Back