• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Bunny lump

Thank you Roxy. I'm just crying in bed with my laptop. Daisy is still wrapped in her blankets in bed. I feel bad for leaving her, but I hope without me there she'll pass peacefully.

Quiet and peaceful overnight vibes for you all - Daisy, you, your Mum and the boys xx

Thinking of you and Daisy this morning, hope you managed some sleep xxx

Thank you, I slept a bit. Daisy is still with us. She can't move. I just offered her water just in case she was thirsty but she didn't want it. She's very weak and floppy.

You are still all in my thoughts xx

Thank you. She's still here. Mums worried she's too warm with all the blankets. Daisy is looking off into space now, still listening and she blinked once or twice. We offered her water just in case, but she doesn't want it.
Patch is sitting at the side of her box :(

I have been following since the beginning but didn't want to seem intrusive at such a sensitive time seeming as I'm very new here.

You have been so strong for Daisy, you have been there for her every step of the way. You have very much been in my thoughts every day. The care you have given can not be faulted, I hope that she is still comfortable and you can find peace in the fact that you have been the best fur parent possible, The bond you have is an obvious testament to this.

My heart goes out to you and daisy (and the rest of the family) keep well and remember that it's important to care for yourself in these times so we can continue to care for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you. She's still here. Mums worried she's too warm with all the blankets. Daisy is looking off into space now, still listening and she blinked once or twice. We offered her water just in case, but she doesn't want it.

Maybe have a little feel of her ears and see if they feel too warm.
Sending more love your way. Pass on a gentle nose rub to Daisy for me. xxx

Perhaps wet a few herbs, crush the leaves to release the smell and hold them to her lips? She might get a bit of the moisture and lick her lips. Or you could flavour some water in a syringe with a bit of apple juice.

She might not want anything though.

Hugs for you x

Quiet and peaceful overnight vibes for you all - Daisy, you, your Mum and the boys xx

I have been following since the beginning but didn't want to seem intrusive at such a sensitive time seeming as I'm very new here.

You have been so strong for Daisy, you have been there for her every step of the way. You have very much been in my thoughts every day. The care you have given can not be faulted, I hope that she is still comfortable and you can find peace in the fact that you have been the best fur parent possible, The bond you have is an obvious testament to this.

My heart goes out to you and daisy (and the rest of the family) keep well and remember that it's important to care for yourself in these times so we can continue to care for them.

Hi Charlotte, you're not insensitive at all, I welcome it.

Thank you so much. We're really trying to do the best we can. It's hard because I want to save her but I know it's impossible.

Me and mum have to pop to the pet shop later to buy the boys food and runtys treats. I'm worried about leaving her.

Maybe have a little feel of her ears and see if they feel too warm.
Sending more love your way. Pass on a gentle nose rub to Daisy for me. xxx

Her ears feel ok, just normal I think. I'm so hot from crying and stress it's hard to tell :/

I will pass that on to Daisy, thank you :)

Perhaps wet a few herbs, crush the leaves to release the smell and hold them to her lips? She might get a bit of the moisture and lick her lips. Or you could flavour some water in a syringe with a bit of apple juice.

She might not want anything though.

Hugs for you x

I think she's too ill to eat herbs. The other day she kept falling asleep with hay and basil in her mouth, I was scared she'd choke.
Maybe I'll see if she wants pineapple juice.
Xxx

im cuddling her now. Her breathing is pant like through her nose. I can hear her tummy rumble but she won't take anything at all. She snuggled up to me in her favourite place. Her eyes are spaced out though.

Hi Charlotte, you're not insensitive at all, I welcome it.

Thank you so much. We're really trying to do the best we can. It's hard because I want to save her but I know it's impossible.

Me and mum have to pop to the pet shop later to buy the boys food and runtys treats. I'm worried about leaving her.

I'm sorry we're meeting under these circumstances, I think she will be fine with you popping out especially seeming as she hasn't seemed to be distressed through all of this. She's probably very tired now and will just rest while your away.

You'll all be in my thoughts today xx

Still thinking of you and Daisy, you are being a wonderful bunny mum, don't ever doubt that. Sending you a big hug, I know how hard this is for you xxxxx

While me and mum went to buy rabbit food she passed. She passed about an hour ago. I know she's in a better place now. My dad was at home and he said she went peacefully.
I know she's at the rainbow bridge now.
Thank you everyone for everything. I'll be writing a little about my beautiful Daisy in the Rainbow Bridge part of the forum and share some pictures too. She's done us proud. I love you Daisy.

While me and mum went to buy rabbit food she passed. She passed about an hour ago. I know she's in a better place now. My dad was at home and he said she went peacefully.
Thank you everyone for everything. I'll be writing a little about my beautiful Daisy in the Rainbow Bridge part of the forum and share some pictures too. She's done us proud. I love you Daisy.

May she rest peacefully now xx

Ah christina, I thought so when I didn't hear from you.

I am so pleased she went peacefully. You did so much for that baby, she was so lucky to have you and your Mum by her at the end.

Hugs to you xx

Back