• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bunny boarding - Manchester or Essex

Why don't you change your thread title to "Bunny boarding recommendations - Manchester or Essex", someone might see it who is from one of those areas and know a good place to recommend to you :)

good idea lol thank you

Any reputable boarding place wouldn't keep your rabbits and also they should have your rabbit covered with holiday boarding insurance. Any boarder that comes into me is covered by Petplan and is also covered for 72hours after leaving my premises. I have never had an escapee bun yet.
If you find you are areally struggling then get intouch and I will see if there is anything I can do to help.

thank you for that I havent used boarding before so I just worry, If I would have known about having to go away months ago I would have booked then.. As I can imagine these things are booked well in advance

its an added difficulty that my buns are not bonded yet and so need separate cages I have found a few places with one housing left etc... other places do not look very professional and dont offer insurance etc..

If you can help that would be great but dont worry if you can not as I am a big pain >_<

If Esses MissySJ used to do boarding I dont know if she still does and if not she might be able to help if you pm her

Theres one that looks good Near me, but its about 25 mins from Manchester

I do still do it :wave: Just on a much smaller scale, we just have the one outhouse now, for one booking at a time so your bunnies would be the only ones here at any one time. I have been open since 2007, and theres lots of people on here you can PM for a reference if you would like to :wave:

You can PM me if you would like to know more x

I had a look and am a bit concerned as I havent found anything that says rabbits must be vaccinated and a good boarding wont take on un vaccinated buns as they can infect other buns

I agree, from the photos there are a LOT of rabbits in close proximity (although it's not clear whether these are just rescue ones with boarders completely separate). With that many buns so close together I'd worry that anything contagious (not just myxo/VHD) could spread like wildfire, especially as the exercise pens seem to allow rabbits to get up to each other at the bars - also increasing the risk of referred aggression - and it looks as if they have to walk through each pen to get into the next pen, again increasing the risks of cross-contamination. There's a photo which, according to its caption, seems to show the owner's rabbits running around the boarding area, and you can clearly see buns in ground level cages nearby. Not something I'd be happy with, personally.

It might just be deceptive from the photos but I'd certainly want to visit and reassure myself further before making a booking. Although having said that, I'd say the same about anywhere!

Mine have boarded at SJs before and I would be very happy to take mine there again - although it's an awfully long way from Manchester to Essex so personally I think it would be far less stressful for the buns if they could be boarded near to your home (sorry SJ!)

Last edited:
Theres one that looks good Near me, but its about 25 mins from Manchester

thanks has it got a website?

I do still do it :wave: Just on a much smaller scale, we just have the one outhouse now, for one booking at a time so your bunnies would be the only ones here at any one time. I have been open since 2007, and theres lots of people on here you can PM for a reference if you would like to :wave:

You can PM me if you would like to know more x

shall pm you later this afternoon if thats ok ^_^

need to go get yukis new litter tray and its pouring with rain yay.........

Back