• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Boarding in North Wilts/Bath area?

Moonstone

Warren Scout
I'm looking for bunny boarding around Bath/Bristol/Swindon or North Wilts.

I really want to find somewhere where they aren't shut into a hutch at night and put out on grass in the day, also where they aren't too near other bunnies because Archie is humpy enough. Anyone?

Have you tried a look on find pet boarding?

Re the humping, I find that with my setup (a giant 2 storey hutch where the buns are on top of each other) where the bunnies can't see each other I haven't ever had referred agression issues (but I generally only take neutered buns so that helps). I would be personally wary of the dog kennel style accommodation as even though there might be cladding part way up, make sure it's high enough that even periscoping giants can't look over (3ft +) or there might be referred agression issues. I sometimes get a bit of an issue with my trio and fosters, as they live in neighbouring dog kennels and if both buns periscope, they can see each other. It's the second they see each other they tend to start, the smell of buns next door doesn't seem to bother them. Luckily I know the dynamics of their bond (I bonded them) so know what I am comfortable with etc, but with other people's buns you just don't know the dynamics etc and that's dangerous I think as they may react a lot worse to other bunnies and before you know it, split bond and a lot of explaning to do to the owners.....

ETA: Some boarding places seem to put bunnies in open mesh runs very close to other boarders. I know for a fact my three would be chasing in that situation so I would avoid anywhere that does that.

Last edited:
Thanks, Catherine, that was really helpful. I need to do some visiting now I think. :thumb:

I will watch out for the height of divisions between pens and it's good to know that it's not the smell so much as seeing each other. I definitely wouldn't want them in open mesh runs near other bunnies, also don't want them lifted in and out of hutches everyday because they aren't used to that.

Back