• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny behaviour.

una.lekuze

New Kit
Hi there!
I am sorry for being paranoid [emoji85][emoji23], and it is probably nothing, but-

Usually bunnies take some time to get used to the new home, at least in my experience.
However,my new bunny [emoji195] loves to sleep by my side, and often lies on her side while and is altogether very relaxed around me.
Is this normal?
I am watching her closely, and she has hyperactive periods when she jumps all over me and binkies around the sofa, and then suddenly drops on the side. Pooping and eating quite a lot right now, a lot of nudging as well (huge demand for cuddles).
I am going to take her to the vet anyway, but for now they suggested letting her take in the new surroundings for at least a couple of weeks before vaccination, but of course I am wondering if I should take her to her first doctor's appointment sooner?

Sent from my M2004J19C using Tapatalk

Sounds as though she is just a very confident Rabbit. Do you know anything about her background ? From what you describe here there is nothing that makes me think that an urgent Vet consultation is needed. But if it would put your mind at rest, given your recent loss of Frida, getting her checked over might help.

I think she looks and sounds to be a confident, happy and healthy Rabbit :love:

I agree she does sound like a happy confident and relaxed bunny. It certainly can't hurt taking her for a vet check over, if that's what you decide. If nothing else it will get her used to going, and being handled.

Getting her vaccinated sooner would probably be a good idea. Vaccines take a couple of weeks to become fully effective anyway, so she would be better protected if she's done now - assuming she's not been vaccinated in the last year.

It sounds like she's just used to being around people and quite enjoys your company. Rabbits that have been handled a lot when young are better with people. Most rabbits are not that bothered. Just enjoy the attention.

Thank you so much for the support!
It seems that she is just very loving, even despite knowing me for only a couple of days.

Last edited:
Sounds as though she is just a very confident Rabbit. Do you know anything about her background ? From what you describe here there is nothing that makes me think that an urgent Vet consultation is needed. But if it would put your mind at rest, given your recent loss of Frida, getting her checked over might help.

I think she looks and sounds to be a confident, happy and healthy Rabbit :love:
Thank you so much!

The person I got her from said that she is very healthy and travel friendly. However, she was kept in a cage with her mum and older sister in a very hot 32 square meter apartment. The conditions were a little bit problematic, since there were 5 more rabbits housed there. When I went in there, I was sweating through my shirt immediately, so I was concerned about her heat exposure ( we also had a 32 degree heatwave on top of that). I got some isotonic powder for her from the clinic, and it seems to me that she is pooping and eating more, so that's great.

Sent from my M2004J19C using Tapatalk

Back