• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Adventure Playground Ideas

Bitzy

Mama Doe
:wave:

When Dizzi and Rascal come in for bonding at the end of September, OH is extending and revamping the buns living quarters.

He wants to include some sort of bunny adventure playground in the run and I just wondered if any of you had any good ideas as to what to include?!?

We were thinking, ramps, ledges, tunnels etc ....... but any input would be gratefully receieved!

The current run is being extended upwards so that its about 6ft high and I can stand up in it and store things on a high shelf. It will also have a 'proper' roof on so that the buns can stay nice and dry whatever the weather.

So their run area will be 12ft long, almost 6ft wide (just a couple of inches off 6ft) and 6ft high.

Any ideas as to what we can include in there??

x

if you mean about the outside run area too, i think some teletubby type hills with tunnels giong through would be fantastic!
have a look at kids toys...we buy our buns things that a bun would find fun too:lol: also wicker (untreated/painted) linen baskets etc.cardboard boxes with holes cut out and filled with hay..
have you looked on bunny bazaar or west wales willows they are great for toys..
what lucky buns:D

folder1447.jpg

This sort of thing? :lol:

Things they can jump on as well as hide in are always a big hit - cardboard boxes will do so long as they don't eat them! Lots of tunnels, ramps up and down, digging boxes old towels to drag around and dig at, that sort of thing.

folder1447.jpg

Things they can jump on as well as hide in are always a big hit - cardboard boxes will do so long as they don't eat them! Lots of tunnels, ramps up and down, digging boxes old towels to drag around and dig at, that sort of thing.

That is the creme de la creme of runs isn't it! Kind of covers the question in one hit :lol:

folder1447.jpg

WOW this is along the lines I want to build when we move into a bigger house next year. Do you move it around the garden so the grass grows evenly?
Or is it buried to prevent them burrowing out?

cant wait for us to have our own garden:( we have a communual one at the mo which the neighbours are fussy about) we have to go to family and friends places:shock:

A really good idea is making sure its weather proof so your toys wont get ruined in the rain :lol:
I think lots of connecting tunnels will stimulate a more natural and fun environment and if they're on slab/concrete give them a large digging box of soil, my boys love our weed hill. We're having to get rid of it this weekend though as everybun keeps chewing on the shoots of the rocket leaves, and they shouldn't be no matter how hard we block off the rabbit hill they get to it :roll:

Oh wow, I love some of these ideas ..... thanks very much!!

The bunnies are coming in for bonding next week whilst I'm off work, and while they're indoors, OH is going to revamp the run (to make it more like an aviary so I can stand up in it and store things in there) and put a 'proper' roof on so both the bunnies and their toys etc should stay dry!

Really loving some of the ideas and will defo pinch them if that's ok! lol

Thanks a lot

Jo

PS/ If anyone has any more ideas, they're more than welcome!

If it has height - you could make a tunnel go to a higher level to a secure box for bunny to go up into..:)

You could have a water feature..obvioulsy the water feature would be shallow so they wouldnt fall in it...but they would have fresh running water all the time...

You could have a bridge for them to run over or jump off...

I love the ideas of a tunnel through a small hill...just imagine loads bump looking things with tunnels everywhere!:love:

folder1447.jpg

wow - this is VERY cool! I love the fact they have their own vege patch!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Is this run dug into the gorund?

If it has height - you could make a tunnel go to a higher level to a secure box for bunny to go up into..:)

You could have a water feature..obvioulsy the water feature would be shallow so they wouldnt fall in it...but they would have fresh running water all the time...

You could have a bridge for them to run over or jump off...

I love the ideas of a tunnel through a small hill...just imagine loads bump looking things with tunnels everywhere!:love:

Yes! A bit like the hills/tunnels you get on Crazy Golf courses!

That'd look amazing, but the holes would have to be bunny sized!

folder1447.jpg

Wow love it :love::love:

Back