• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bun that doesn't like being picked up?

Partyrings

New Kit
I've had my bun since he was a baby and he's always hated being picked up but he's still very tame. So whenever I bring him inside to play he gets a bit grumpy that I've picked him up so I was wondering if it would be a good idea (and safe) to put a blanket in a plastic trug and persuade him into that and take him inside in it?

Thanks guys !! :)

You could put him into a Pet Carrier to move him indoors

It is generally not a good idea to move an outdoor Rabbit to indoors and then back out again during colder months. Rabbits do not cope well with drastic changes in temperature. So I would advise you to only bring him indoors if the area he will be in is not heated :)

As Jane has said, a pet carrier would be the best and safest way of transporting him. I have 2 bunnies who hate being handled, but I can get them to go into a pet carrier by putting some food in it :thumb: if you were to put a rabbit into a plastic trug I can imagine it would probably jump out and cause itself an injury.

Back