• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rehomed: Brian (French Lop) & Gertie - Bonded Pair, York

Captain Helen

Wise Old Thumper
Brian is a 2 year old French lop and Gertie is a 5 year old agouti female. They came to the rescue as their previous owners are emigrating. They're friendly buns (although Gertie did not want to join in the photo shoot!) and Brian particularly loves a nose rub. They're both healthy, neutered and vaccinated. They would be happy to live indoors or out, but they need a lot of space due to the size of big Brian. Ideally free range of a room/house or a shed with an attached run.

acombrabbitrescue.org.uk

All potential adopters will need a homecheck, and I can only drive about an hour outside of York. If you fall in love with Brian and Gertie but live further than an hour away please get in touch, I may be able to find someone to homecheck for me. :)

Last edited:
Gertie's quite a large girl herself actually :love: adorable

They were both chunky monkeys when they arrived! Gertie especially had a huge belly. She was struggling to reach her bum and their poos were not good.

They had some probiotics, a healthy diet, moved into the largest accommodation here (6x4 shed with a 9x7 run), and lots of exercise, and now their poops are much better and they've both lost weight. :D Gertie doesn't look quite so much like a beach ball on legs :lol:

They're both such lovely buns, Brian is like a big teddy bear who would spend all day lying next to you being stroked if he could. Gertie loves hopping about exploring the garden.

But because of Brian's size and their colouring (not many people like black or agouti buns) I think they may be waiting a while for a new home :(

They were both chunky monkeys when they arrived! Gertie especially had a huge belly. She was struggling to reach her bum and their poos were not good.

They had some probiotics, a healthy diet, moved into the largest accommodation here (6x4 shed with a 9x7 run), and lots of exercise, and now their poops are much better and they've both lost weight. :D Gertie doesn't look quite so much like a beach ball on legs :lol:

They're both such lovely buns, Brian is like a big teddy bear who would spend all day lying next to you being stroked if he could. Gertie loves hopping about exploring the garden.

But because of Brian's size and their colouring (not many people like black or agouti buns) I think they may be waiting a while for a new home :(

That's so sad :cry: I have a black mini lop & he's so soppy & snuggly & beautiful & affectionate & loving I hate the thought of people going "oh no I don't like him, he's not pretty enough" :cry: I love glossy black rabbits, they're gorgeous :love: I hope nothing ever happens to me then as he's also a dental bun & potentially going to have a wildie x wifey soon too. They'd never get out of rescue if something happened to me :cry:

Back