• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Breeding?

@ the Duchess
It appears you have rabbits for adoption at the bottom of your comment,
How do you know if someone who buys one of them is gonna take really good care of them or not?
I'm sick of this thread,
You'll be happy to know Andy is happy and Heathy!
Would a mod please lock this thread...

Told you this wasn't the place to talk about breeding :lol:

Seriously though I don't think people are trying to get at you, just educate you about your bunny. All of mine, boys and girls, are also neutered for the reasons already explained. It's not having a go at you to tell you information. It would be like if someone was feeding their rabbit purely on carrots, we would help inform the person of the correct diet. It's not being mean it's just giving you information, for the sake of your bun :wave:

@ the Duchess
It appears you have rabbits for adoption at the bottom of your comment,
How do you know if someone who buys one of them is gonna take really good care of them or not?
I'm sick of this thread,
You'll be happy to know Andy is happy and Heathy!
Would a mod please lock this thread...

I am not the Duchess but I can reply on behalf of what most rescues do.

The rabbits are not 'bought', they are not 'for sale', they are up for adoption meaning that all potential owners will be home checked to find out whether they can provide a suitable home for the rabbit. They will agree to vaccinate, pay vet bills when needed, show proof of appropriate sized housing etc. The rabbits are not just given away to anyone.

The adoption fee goes towards the cost and upkeep of the rescue and is not profit. Usually an adoption fee is just a small fraction of the overall cost it was to look after that rabbit when it stayed at the rescue. Most rescues neuter/spay (£80+), vaccinate (£20+) not to mention any other problems that may be sorted out e.g dentals. There's also the cost of all the food, hay, bedding etc to consider yet the adoption fee will only be around £50 per bunny. Rescues make a loss but they do so in order to look after the rabbits properly and find them the best homes.

Back