• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Breeders vs. Bad owners

I can only see one way of getting rid of backstreet breeders and thats through the goverment. If they made a rule that all pet shops were only allowed to buy rabbits and other animals from ones that were registered. Being regestered would mean checks from rspca or whoever they wanted to make responsable for checking the breeders out on a regular basis. Any body buying from a show breeder has the opertunatity to go to the home of the breeder and judge for themselves whether there stock is heathy and well cared for. Ban all sales of animals at agricultural shows , because they are generaly impulse buyers. Still keep the sales at brc shows as a lot of breeders buy stock to improve there own and is a good place for introducing new blood to your stock of show rabbits. A lot of shows that are open to the public have already stopped having sales of rabbits. val

yep all shows here have baned the sales of rabbits you have to phone the breeders direct and go and see witch is mutch better the pet shop near me has had 6 lionheads in for 3 weeks now no oone wants them so i hope they will stop elling buns soon

Back