• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Breaking claws

I know our nails benefit from Vitamin E oil, could you put some on her toes by the nail it may strengthen them :D

Oh bless him :love:, they are quite twisted :(

That's an old picture too so they're probably worse now. :( His toes on the outside have started to head in the wrong direction too. It doesn't look so bad when he's had a really good nail trim but there's only so far I can trim them - the quick is really long too. :? I tell you what, whoever 'invented' giant breeds has a lot to answer for! :no::roll:

Gosh, Thistle looks decidedly unimpressed in that photo. I certainly wouldn't want anyone taking photos of my feet. :shock: At least our bunnies have mummies who care about the state of their paws. :love:

I've posted on the other thread but thought it would be easier if I updated here too.

It is caused by a vitamin B deficiency from her previous horrifically poor diet :(

we saw the herbally vet who is going to look into a potion we can give Mini to help her :)

Poor little girl. As poor as her diet was, oats are a really good source of vit b, so perhaps she just isn't able to absorb it?
I've not seen nail loss from b deficiency, but I've seen it in rabbits rescued from similarly disgusting places, that had chronic nail infections, that weren't obvious, or apparently painful.
Does she manage to eat her caecs?

Poor little girl. As poor as her diet was, oats are a really good source of vit b, so perhaps she just isn't able to absorb it?
I've not seen nail loss from b deficiency, but I've seen it in rabbits rescued from similarly disgusting places, that had chronic nail infections, that weren't obvious, or apparently painful.
Does she manage to eat her caecs?

I am actually wondering if we misheard the vet and she said Vit D :?

It was 8.30 in the morning with Steve not getting in from work until 11.30 last night and with 4 rabbits to discuss, so it was a lot to take in. And we are so worried about Dave :(

I am actually wondering if we misheard the vet and she said Vit D :?

It was 8.30 in the morning with Steve not getting in from work until 11.30 last night and with 4 rabbits to discuss, so it was a lot to take in. And we are so worried about Dave :(

How was the deficiency diagnosed?

Back