• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Breaking All The "Rules" - UD 12/10- v sad news. :(

I don't think that necessarily trios are problematic. We adopted a quad four and a half years ago, which very soon became a trio when one died. That trio is still very happily bonded with never the slightest hint of trouble.

I'm very sorry about Takumi :cry:

I think as long as Takumi wasn't the dominant bunny it should be ok. The 3 remaining rabbits should already be bonded enough to cope with the loss. I hope so for you! x

This is a devastatingly sad update for me.

Takumi (aka Little Bit) passed away very unexpectedly on Monday/Tuesday night. He's had a thread posted in Rainbow Bridge, detailing his character and what a wonderful, cheeky little man he was. Far, far too young, too.

His wifebun, Rivergrace is doing exceedingly well with Athena and Apollo. She's showing no sign of grief, and neither are they. Thankfully, they all seem very happy together and all is well. I really, REALLY hope that doesn't change any time soon as I would find it hard to cope right now. I hope they remain happy together forever.

But I also know trios are more volatile and I never aimed for them to be in a trio. River is very highly strung and only recently come around to people. Athena is a big personality and very people-friendly. She's beautiful and knows it. Apollo is quite reserved in comparison and can give-or-take people.

Please send vibes that nothing will change for this group (and my others). I'm all a bit woe right now. :(

Run free Takumi xx

It sounds like your other rabbits are coping well with the situation and I see no reason for this to change.

Sending loads of love and vibes xx

I don't think that necessarily trios are problematic. We adopted a quad four and a half years ago, which very soon became a trio when one died. That trio is still very happily bonded with never the slightest hint of trouble.

I'm very sorry about Takumi :cry:

I'm sorry - I over-exaggerated the instability of trios. I meant to say CAN be problematic which has a completely different emphasis. :lol:

Thankfully, all is well still.

Back