• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bramble was taken poorly last night eck stupid me gave the wrong bun meds

I am really worried, I don;t know if you remember but I had them from a rescue (her and Thistle) on the agreement I didn't neuter, but earlier in the year when they went for their myx, my vet said he could feel something and I had them neutered anyway and there was tomours, I am hoping it's nothing to do with that.

Am I reading that right? a rescue that says you mustn't neuter? why?

Hope she gets better soon anyway and get well vibes to you as well!

Am I reading that right? a rescue that says you mustn't neuter? why?

Hope she gets better soon anyway and get well vibes to you as well!

i too thought that was strange unles sof cours the bun had a bad heart or other reason which makes it understandable. either way wishing a recovery to which ever bun it is that is ill lol im geetting confused!!!!

i too thought that was strange unles sof cours the bun had a bad heart or other reason which makes it understandable. either way wishing a recovery to which ever bun it is that is ill lol im geetting confused!!!!

The buns look so alike they can only be distinguished by microchip- which has confirmed its Thistle.

Get well soon Thistle, and you too Tree-Sue:wave:

3.gif
Hope you and Thistle feel better soon mate.

Thanks everyone,

Well, I said to Bryn you will have to deal with Thistle as I had to take Chocky over to her vets and then when I went to Nibbles she had an abscess come up so she had to go to the vets that does teeth without ga for that to be done, I have litteraly come back in. Anyway I rang up Bryn to see how Thistle was and he said she was just in an oxygen tent, I was omfg :shock: I didn't think she was that bad and he said she'd just had a ga and was coming round, he could of told me that bit first I nearly :censored: myself, thinking she was having oxygen to keep her alive. The vet had said that they could see some spurs on her back teeth and asked him if they should take them off, so he had said yes. I have just spoke to the vet and she's a bit wobberly and will be staying in tonight too.

Chocky didn't have her op, the vet thinks a low fat diet will reduce it and she has to go back in three months and Nibbles has had her abcsess done. I feel really rough, before I do anything else I need a sleep.

The rescue doesn't believe in spaying females, she believes it shortens their life., all boys are neutered, the lady that runs it is very old and as always done things that way, she's too old to change.

Sounds like the vet gave you a bit of surprise with the oxygen tent bit.. :shock: Hope everyone continues to improve, including you!

Thanks everyone,

Well, I said to Bryn you will have to deal with Thistle as I had to take Chocky over to her vets and then when I went to Nibbles she had an abscess come up so she had to go to the vets that does teeth without ga for that to be done, I have litteraly come back in. Anyway I rang up Bryn to see how Thistle was and he said she was just in an oxygen tent, I was omfg :shock: I didn't think she was that bad and he said she'd just had a ga and was coming round, he could of told me that bit first I nearly :censored: myself, thinking she was having oxygen to keep her alive. The vet had said that they could see some spurs on her back teeth and asked him if they should take them off, so he had said yes. I have just spoke to the vet and she's a bit wobberly and will be staying in tonight too.

Chocky didn't have her op, the vet thinks a low fat diet will reduce it and she has to go back in three months and Nibbles has had her abcsess done. I feel really rough, before I do anything else I need a sleep.

The rescue doesn't believe in spaying females, she believes it shortens their life., all boys are neutered, the lady that runs it is very old and as always done things that way, she's too old to change.

glad the animals are all doing wel. is chocky a bun? i get a bit confused! hope they all get better soon!
shame about the rescue ladys attititude to speys because of caner risk but nothing you can do. im glad you did get yours done anyway xx

Glad they all seem to be out of the woods. Those microchips come in handy:lol: I know you feel as if its one thing after another with your buns, but thankfully they are with you and receive very fast vet care the moment you notice something. Hoping your flu goes soonxxx

Thank god for mircochips :lol:

Well just rang up and spoke to the nurse, she said the vet would call me back but with an emergency at the minute, but she said she's not eat a lot bt is settled.

Chocky is a cockatiel.

Ah right, I think I know who this is now, yes I spoke to her some time back as I offered to take and rehome 6 of her females and she wouldn;t let me in case I got them neutered, sad really.

Hope the bunny is OK by the way!

Thanks, well I am sure the chips are in the wrong way round because having the two next to each other, I swear it was Bramble that was ill even though her chip says Thistle :lol::lol::lol: the vet has cut some hair off the back of her head so I know which one to give meds to :oops::oops::lol::lol::lol:

Yep Theo sounds like the same lady, I only really foster Bramble and Thistle (although not told her one has been poorly :oops:), although I do pay all their vet bills and had them chipped in my name :oops::oops:, but I normally have the difficult or bitey bunnies from there, as she has enough trouble finding homes for the freindly bunnies, the problem ones don't get a look in. I wouldn't push the neuter thing with her as it may get her back up and then I wont be able to help the bunnies.

OOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKK the chips are the right way round and I might of given the wrong bunny meds last night :oops::oops:, I thought what was a natural short hair on the back of the head was where the vet had shaved, it's only in teh light of day I have noticed that Thistle does have a proper shaved bit. Thank God it's just zantac she's on and nothing injectable :oops::oops::oops:

I can't stress how much these two look alike :oops::oops:

Back