• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bought another extension for my indoor set up

No matter how much space i give my buns im always thinking its never enough since coming on RU forum. I think it might be guilt because for a couple of weeks my buns lived in a 4 ft double hutch and 3ft double, which i ashamedly admit i bought before i was clued up.
to try to explain my set up (pics below) i started with the 4ft and 3ft and cut the sides out and joined them together for when they were spayed.
6 babies later i bought a 6ft chartwell double and cut the sides out of that and joined that to the other 2 hutches to make an L shape.
the fighting, spaying and neutering started and i had to divide it with mesh and put 2 in my living room.
Here is the set up as it is today.
I have today ordered a 5ft chartwell double to join onto the other chartwell to make an n shape. Im doing this just incase the bonding of the 8 doesnt work and i can try for two quads and give them 4 on top 4 on bottom. Each will have 7ft+6ft+5ft. I have no more room then. Y
DSCN0025_zpsvbfcpf0f.jpg
DSCN0014_zpscbkzqpqi.jpg
DSCN0014_zpscbkzqpqi.jpg
DSCN0027_zpsxpuxreej.jpg
hey do take turns free range in their room and garden too. sorry its pic heavy nut its hard to explain

Wow, you are giving me Ideas! Very clever to have cut the sides out!

My pair will be in a chartwell style hutch but free range permanently so only have the bottom, the piggies are in the top..not exactly ideal but when renting that is the current option.

thankyou, the only thing is once you cut the sides using a jig saw its hard to put them back as we have found out. the other style hutches i unscrewed the hutch and took the metal divides and the tounge and groove slats out, which was easy to put back on the bottom when i had to separate them. the chartwell hutches are superb, so solid and big.

seen as how they've taken over the whole room anyway, why not remove the cages and let the free roam in the room, use a baby gate on the door?

ive got a baby gate up. they was having free roam because thats their room. i only got the hutches for babes and something to play in but there is 8 of them and they started fighting and i had to make them into a pair in living room a pair in bottom and 4 in top. they cant all be out together. that is my biggest wish ever to let them roam. plus i have 2 labradors in the living room so have to keep locking them up in kitchen when the living room buns are out. at any one time there is a set out free roam but wish it could be all of them.

here is the new hutch added on, they really love it
new%20hutch_zpsbrunjzcl.jpg

ive moved the dogs sofa out now and they will sleep in living room and the buns can do alternate night free range in that full room.

Back