• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

books

18" :shock: Obviously no-one told Harry, he can easily jump a 3 ft fence :lol:

Think I'll save the cash and get Santa to buy me Frances H-B's one instead. Or possibly a portable DVD player :?

what about this one

BSAVA's Manual of Rabbit Medicine and Surgery
P. Flecknell, Paul Flecknell (Editor)

looks thorogh and is cheaper than the other one

Has anyone read that one? The only reason I fancied the other one in particular is because Frances H-B is well known as a rabbit expert. I've never heard of Paul Flecknell , has anyone else?

this is one review from this website
http://www.rodneyrabbit.co.uk/pages/buystuff/books.htm

BSAVA's Manual of Rabbit Medicine and Surgery

I didn't buy this book with a view to conducting my own surgery or anything! I wanted to understand more about conditions that Rabbits can suffer from, what to look for, and to help me understand what is going through the Vet's mind when I take Rodney and Lou Lou to the Vets. Its an interesting reference book but not for the sensitive or weak stomached as there are piccies from operations and bunny internal organs. Its not the cheapest book on the list but its the cheapest medical reference book I could find with good reviews.

This is the blurb

BSAVA's Manual of Rabbit Medicine And Surgery
This much needed manual has been specifically written for veterinary surgeons dealing with pet and house rabbits. As more and more people keep rabbits as pets, and bring them into their homes, it is essential that veterinarians can advise effectively about management, behaviour and the medical and surgical conditions these rabbits are likely to suffer.
Chapters on disease are arranged systemically, and follow detailed information on clinical chemistry and general biology and husbandry. Specific issues relating to therapeutics and anaesthesia are included, and all the information is presented in a clear way with extensive use of tables, lists and illustrations, many in colour. Contents: Handling, restraint and clinical techniques; General biology and husbandry; Clinical chemistry; Respiratory system and disorders; Digestive system and disorders; Urogenital systems and disorders; Nervous system and disorders; Behaviour problems; Dermatology; Miscellaneous conditions; Therapeutics; Anaesthesia; Surgical procedures and dentistry; Euthanasia; Index.
ISBN: 0905214463
Author: Flecknell P
Format: PB
Pages: 148
Publication Date: 01 May 2000
Edition :

Oh cool, thanks for that - another choice for Santa! And I recognise the names of Rodney and Lou Lou too, aren't they the bunnies of Rodney Rabbit webcam fame :lol: :lol:

Back