• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding UD had a fight

I hope so! Will it have a negative effect on their bond if I separate them when I'm not around? I'm too scared of a fight occurring when I'm out x

It all sounds v stressful. I am full or admiration for you, I took the easy route and let someone else do it for me!!

Sorry I missed all this

I find it hard to give specific bonding advice in individual situations without being able to actually witness the Rabbit's interaction myself. I prefer to 'read' each Rabbit and to use bonding techniques that are most suitable for the individuals concerned. I tend not to agree with all these 'hard and fast' bonding rules, I feel what works in one situation may not work in another. The only 'I always do that' is the neutral territory aspect. The only 'I never do that' is using fear to force Rabbits together-eg putting them both in a situation that scares them so they have to rely on each other's support.

As there appears to be a lot of chasing going on I think a bit more time in a smallish space may be helpful. Not so small that they are crammed together, just so they cant get up a head of speed chasing each other. A big pile of hay with dried herbs hidden in it can help as a distraction from chasing and it should not cause 'it's all mine, you cant have any' issues.

Hope things work out OK in the end !

Thanks! I have put them back together in an indoor cage and they have both been grooming etc! I think I put them back into the playhouse too soon (it had been thoroughly cleaned) because as soon as he chased her in there she went for him which she hadn't done before, she'd just run away.

I'm working today so I've managed to split the playhouse so the can see and sniff each other but I won't have to worry about any fights while I'm not around. Do you think that will help her get used to him being in her territory??

Can someone tell me if I'm doing the right thing!! Also, how will i know when its safe to leave the unattended??

Thanks! I have put them back together in an indoor cage and they have both been grooming etc! I think I put them back into the playhouse too soon (it had been thoroughly cleaned) because as soon as he chased her in there she went for him which she hadn't done before, she'd just run away.

I'm working today so I've managed to split the playhouse so the can see and sniff each other but I won't have to worry about any fights while I'm not around. Do you think that will help her get used to him being in her territory??

Personally I wouldn't have done this - as it's creating 2 separate territories in one space. I'm all for the put them together & leave them unless there's a real problem. I have been known to carry a (small!) Indoor cage around with me with rabbits in if they've needed 24 hour supervision? Perhaps bond them when you don't have to go somewhere? that would be better that together/separate all the time.

Personally I wouldn't have done this - as it's creating 2 separate territories in one space. I'm all for the put them together & leave them unless there's a real problem. I have been known to carry a (small!) Indoor cage around with me with rabbits in if they've needed 24 hour supervision? Perhaps bond them when you don't have to go somewhere? that would be better that together/separate all the time.

I do keep swopping the sides they're in, I was hoping that would stop it feeling like any buns territories???

Back