• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Snowy and some bunny. UD pg 5- bonding over

They look so adorable together, loving the one with snowys eyes closed and how photogenic is butterfly, such a little poser! :love:

I hope they continue to get on well. Butterfly looks squished in a couple of those pics, so cute!

Sometimes he squishes himself, othertimes she smirged him completely somewhere in her efforts to get a groom.

They look so adorable together, loving the one with snowys eyes closed and how photogenic is butterfly, such a little poser! :love:

He's had a lot of practice! I think they look like an odd couple :lol: but if you like them that's what is important :lol:

Sadly this bonding has now come to an end.

These videos explain a little more. You can see how demanding she is of his attention, and how he deals with that, and how she then starts nipping hard to get him to groom. These sequence one after another and the only thing removed is the sheer length of time that Butterfly was grooming her for.

The last one escalated badly and because she has such a giant mouth and can do so much damage and he was then starting to respond I feel it wasn't right to pursue. I think one or both would have been badly injured. However much I want them to bond, they must come first.

So these two will not be bonded.

Snowy's behaviour is not good. She is continually demanding grooms and does a lot of nipping and chasing. She is relentless but the worst problem is the nipping constantly, to get attention. Before she can be bonded she needs to lose this behaviour, until then, she will have to remain single. I think I would be hard pushed to find a male who would cope with her better than Butterfly did, to be honest.

Butterfly will now be given the chance to choose a real friend and I will then bond them. He loved Snowy and company so much that he deserves his friend.

Thats so hard :(

She wants attention so bad but just doesnt know how to ask for it properly :(

Poor Flutterby too, he was so enjoying having company.

It's not your fault, as you say, you're doing what's best for them, im sure you'll find another partner for them both in time.

That said, i'm very sorry and i'm sure you feel a little dejected at the situation.

Hugs to you and noserubs to the fluffies.

Thanks Gray. I was on a downer yesterday, but today is a new day, I shall be having a rearrangement of accommodation this morning and this afternoon will be going, with Butterfly, so he can choose his new friend. I hope it's a quick bond!

I have some visitors coming in April :love: and I need to try and squeeze in another bond between now and then too, if I can.

Thanks Gray. I was on a downer yesterday, but today is a new day, I shall be having a rearrangement of accommodation this morning and this afternoon will be going, with Butterfly, so he can choose his new friend. I hope it's a quick bond!

I have some visitors coming in April :love: and I need to try and squeeze in another bond between now and then too, if I can.

What a great attitude :) It's understandable being on a downer, it was a huge thing for them both, but as usual, you're doing the right thing for the furries :love:

I hope you can find a suitable friend for flutterby at the center and the bond goes well. I should really either PM or start a new thread asking this, but how is flutterby and his dental situation these days?

Are you getting THOSE visitors next month? :)

What a great attitude :) It's understandable being on a downer, it was a huge thing for them both, but as usual, you're doing the right thing for the furries :love:

I hope you can find a suitable friend for flutterby at the center and the bond goes well. I should really either PM or start a new thread asking this, but how is flutterby and his dental situation these days?

Are you getting THOSE visitors next month? :)

I'M GETTING THESE VISITORS AND I CAN'T EXPLAIN HOW EXCITED I AM!

20111014_72.jpg

Everytime I think about it I get all choked because my boy is coming home :love: Only for a little while, but still, hopefully more in the future.

He's good. He had his last dental in January and that was the 3 month mark. All his dentals come with some sort of change in his life, so that seems to be the trigger for eating a bit less and then needing a dental. Hopefully when he is with a friend and is stable, this will reduce a lot.

I'M GETTING THESE VISITORS AND I CAN'T EXPLAIN HOW EXCITED I AM!

20111014_72.jpg

Everytime I think about it I get all choked because my boy is coming home :love: Only for a little while, but still, hopefully more in the future.

He's good. He had his last dental in January and that was the 3 month mark. All his dentals come with some sort of change in his life, so that seems to be the trigger for eating a bit less and then needing a dental. Hopefully when he is with a friend and is stable, this will reduce a lot.

:shock: GRAY MONSTER!! :love:

A holiday with you :D

At least he is stable with it and its manageable now, i know how concerned you were in the past that he'd never be rehomeable :)

Hay Monster!!!! :D

Hope they are ok and not coming to you because of illness?

Sad for Snowy and Butterfly but hopefully they will soon find somebun to bond with.

Goodness Snowy really was relentless wasnt she! :shock: I think you totally made the right decision to end the bond there, you could see Butterfly getting very irritated with it towards the end :( I hope he can find himself a lovely gentle girl today :love:

oh wow she was so demanding wasnt she! :shock: he did his best to please didnt he and it wasnt good enough..

They are both gorgeous bunnies and im sure butterfly will make a very doting husbun after seeing that!

Im sorry it didnt work out, you obviously put a lot of time and effort into this bond ((hugs))

Just a thought about Snowy

Is she nippy with people too? If not and she likes a lot of attention I wonder if it's worth trying to find one of those charities that take animals in to help people who are convalescing in hospitals or care homes? No idea of the organisations that do this but I thought that could maybe give Snowy what she needs in terms of attention and also helps others at the same time.

Back