• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding piggies!! Help!!!!!!!!

Please, don't go on anything that breeder said. If you are unhappy leaving them together, then don't. Is there anyway you can split the cage so the can see and smell each other tonight if you can't watch them and then put them together again when you can.

I have left piggies together a few hours after they have met before, but in those cases there has been no confrontations at all when I've initially put the together.

Yes. I could put up a barrier of wire grids. Think I will because I wouldn't sleep otherwise!

Here's my own 3
RosieEsmeBeaHopeHarmonyMickey013.jpg

I really would separate them if your not happy, piggies usually get on but I have known it turn nasty, at least that way you'll get a good nights sleep and they can still see and smell each other.

I thought Goldie was cute :wave: also had a nice normal name that wasn't poo or food related :lol:

awwwwwww x-vic-x so adorable :love::love::love::love: I want to smooch their little faces

Hello! They're lovely........ regarding fleece...... it's not supposed to be absorbant - it's supposed to 'wick' wee away from the piggies to the bottom layer which should be an absorbant layer. As I mentioned before; I use machine washable incontinence pads underneath my piggies' fleece which work fantastically well. The fleece is to get moisture away from the pigs and should stay dry. :) xx

If you use just towels underneath the fleece you will need two or three layers of them as guinea pigs wee a lot and in my experience you can't litter train them. :p

Fleece should really be prepared - I washed and dried mine three times before use to make it 'wick' better - ideally you want wee to go through the fleece as soon as possible to the absorbant layer. Also; *never* wash your fleece (or absorbant layers) with fabric conditioner as this will destroy their wicking / absorbant properties.

I use white vinegar instead of fabric conditioner as it eliminates odours.

Skin-wise guinea pigs are prone to quite a few skin conditions so a vet visit would probably be a good idea. Fungal skin problems are common. Gorgeous Guineas sell a range of treatments for dry skin and for fungal problems too.

Stay calm! I'm sure all will be well!! :wave: xx

Ohhh I'm not cut out for this!! I have puppy pads under fleece and newspaper under that but nothing is wicking anywhere!!! Maybe because I didn't wash the fleece first. Will sort out tomorrow!

Aw, you didn't say my piccie of Goldie was gorgeous :( now I feel left out :(

Goldie is absolutly beautifully gorgeous! Sorry, but I'm having a nervous breakdown here!!! They pee!!! oh how they pee and they poo!!!! And they are ignoring each other and one has mites and... and..... and......:shock:

You need to crumble some rabbit poos as stress relief!

How are the bunsters?

Mine or Bensonlola's? I enjoy crumbling rabbit poo with my feet and then rubbing it on the OH's pillow :lol: to be fair he did leave it on the floor and I was annoyed at him.

Goldie is absolutly beautifully gorgeous! Sorry, but I'm having a nervous breakdown here!!! They pee!!! oh how they pee and they poo!!!! And they are ignoring each other and one has mites and... and..... and......:shock:

You'll get used to the peeing an pooing :lol: It's probably worse if they're stressed too. They'll settle down. Are they eating and drinking?

Mites isn't the end of the world - it can be sorted. And ignoring each other is fine, it's better than fighting.

Mine or Bensonlola's? I enjoy crumbling rabbit poo with my feet and then rubbing it on the OH's pillow :lol: to be fair he did leave it on the floor and I was annoyed at him.

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

I'be been following your thread for Jasmine & Daphne - glad they are recovering well:D Bet they will be so glad to get the collars off!

You'll get used to the peeing an pooing :lol: It's probably worse if they're stressed too. They'll settle down. Are they eating and drinking?

Mites isn't the end of the world - it can be sorted. And ignoring each other is fine, it's better than fighting.

:lol: Mites are easy to sort out chick :) don't worry. And the peeing and pooing will soon seem natural

They will, baby piggies go together really easily :) piggies seem to be nicer to strangers than rabbits are! Are you separating them? xxx

I think I might. Will leave it as long as I can . It will just be a couple of wire grids between them to let me get a sleep!! Will leave it up while I go to work tomorrow too. Must remember two waterbottles too.:shock:

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

I'be been following your thread for Jasmine & Daphne - glad they are recovering well:D Bet they will be so glad to get the collars off!

I know :D they will, I felt bad for Jas and took hers off and she tried to do it again! :shock: they never learn

Ok. Ok. I'll try and breath. They were eating but they've gone to sleep at the min. One was trying to have a drink but couldn't quite get to grips with the water bottle. They have had a good lot of veg and some wet dandilions though - hopefully they'll get the hang. They used waterbottles in the breeders but they were smaller. I got them the large ones I use for the buns.:?

Back