• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Pen Advise Please!

I have the 8 sided one of those chul. Great quality aren't they. :wave:

Yes :wave:, I bought mine so Bunsk could go in it outside in the summer, but 6 sided is too small! Piggies will use it instead!!

I am using this

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small_pets/hutches_cages/runs_fencing/pens_with_racks/33111#more

It is sturdy, and I needed to use the cover to stop Belle from jumping out

Its quite high is it easy to get to them if required? There WILL be fights at first with my 3 so I need to beable to get to them really quickly. Unless I use a broom to seperate them I guess, but will a broom be enough to seperate tgem if they latch on to eachother? (hoping that wont happen but best to be prepared!)

Its quite high is it easy to get to them if required? There WILL be fights at first with my 3 so I need to beable to get to them really quickly. Unless I use a broom to seperate them I guess, but will a broom be enough to seperate tgem if they latch on to eachother? (hoping that wont happen but best to be prepared!)

You can easily reach in/over, and a rabbit can easily jump out too!!

Brooms are the best idea. My two didnt fight, but even when I caught Belle jumping out, she has done great damage to my arm!!

You can easily reach in/over, and a rabbit can easily jump out too!!

Brooms are the best idea. My two didnt fight, but even when I caught Belle jumping out, she has done great damage to my arm!!

Yes I got a nasty bite last time I attempted this bond, when I stupidly took my gardening gloves off to have a scratch :oops: and had to break up a fight with my bear hands :shock: Wont be doing that again!
Ok so I'll try a broom and see how it goes :wave:

We did ours in a tiny pen in our bathroom. I think we used four panels from a metal run then increased the space gradually.

We used a tennis racket to separate them when necessary which worked really well but our trio was such an easy bond. If you're expecting fighting I might not go for something which teeth and claws could get stuck in.

Good luck with the bonding.:wave:

Back