• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding help needed please!!! UPDATED!! WITH PICS

awww goodnews by the look of the piccies!.

You might find however, that when you moved them somewhere else, ie their hutch/shed that they might kick off again:roll: .

2 of mine did this, but they settled back down again.

I agree with the pet carrier trick, i did this each time, I put the pair in the same carrier and took them out in the car. Then got back home and put them in a neutral place eventually taking them to their shed.

Good Luck!

:wave:

Thank you everyone =]

Hawys has just taken them both for a walk around the block in their carrier, but before they went Sapphire was laying down and wanting Jamie to come over, but I think he got a bit shy.

She is so beautiful, they make a stunning couple =]

xx

Looks really good.

Whatever you do dont split them now.

Sarah-Jane, grooming eventually becomes mutual on both sides but you will find the dominant rabbit sometimes refuses grooming requests while the submissive rabbit will usually give in.

Tho both mine get on really well they now have mutual grooming tho it doesnt happen that often (they just prefer to snuggle up together most the time) but they also both 'ask' to be groomed and the other refuses.
Normally the more dominant is the one who gets groomed (cos they are the 'superior' and want the 'good stuff' :lol: ) but mine seem to be pretty equal in the relationship. It was Charlie who mounted Molly at the start and she's never tried it back, so I think hes more the 'boss' - or at least he likes to think he is :lol:

I also put mine in more than one neutral place when bonding. And I brought Molly into Charlie's area which I believe is easier than bringing a buck into a Doe's.

Once I started bonding they were never again separated. Even if you have them in sight and smell but not in the same bed etc... is good if they are still not completely comfortable with each other.

It sounds like its going well so far tho :D Keep up the good work!!!

I hope some of that helps??

That looks great and as said, don't separate them now. Hope you have a good night, virtually all of our bonding bust ups occured at night, so have your broom (or whatever you are using) to hand :D

Lou:D It's looking good. Keep strong and don't be tempted to split them if they have a slight scrap tonight. The photos are jsut FAB:lol:

jelly is th ebos sin my pair and she was doing allthe mounting etc, but then peanut bowed his head and pushed it under her and it looked submissive? she did groom hm but its so obvious shes the boss...imc onfused now!

I'm confused about that too, I wondered if females just like to groom Millie is definately the boss (of us all if she had her way) but she's always licking Jack.
He does groom her but not as much.

The other day she chased him away from the veg bowl then guarded it so he couldn't get near. :lol:

Spoke to Lou earlier on and I can honestly say that they seem bonded as I told her to try them in the hutch together and then she phoned me to say that Sapphire seemed a bit unsure at first but then Jamie started grooming her and they were both fine:D :D .

Well done Lou & Hawys:D :D

I have a few that need bonding so how are you fixed:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sapphire is a very lucky girl to have a forever home with you both:D

Aww thank you Kayj, I couldn't have done it without your help though... so I really appreciate it =] =]

Have you seen the photo's???

xx

Course I have seen the photo's and I can't wait for christmas so I can look after them. She is gorgeous I am not surprised you fell in love with her as soon as you saw her. Just glad she as you and Hawys to spoil her.
Jill and Hilda have no worries about her being in a loving forever home and being spoilt rotten thats for sure.

Back