• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding help needed ASAP please

molly35

Mama Doe
After a very traumatic attempt at bonding Molly with Buzz I, I am now in the process of bonding Molly with Buzz II. Yesterday all seemed to be going well Buzz chased Molly round and round trying to hump her which Molly was having none of then they'd both lie down until Buzz decided he'd had enough rest and the chasing would begin again. I didn't have the nerve to leave them together all night. So today they were put in the run together and as yesterday Buzz chased Molly round and round. Today Molly seemed to be getting a bit annoyed with Buzz.

I am just really nervous after the last attempt. Do I leave them to get on with it just keeping an eye on them? Any advice gratefully received

How much space are you giving them as less space means less chase. It may be that you need to reduce the area they are in?

Sorry meant to add that chasing, humping, bum biting are all normal bonding behaviour and you should leave them to get on with it unless it is full scale fighting. You could try a water pistol to distract or a loud noise, I use the vaccuum if they are inside for example.

Last edited:
If you have access to a car putting them together in a carrier and taking them round the block may well help. They forget they were chasing then as they both dislike the car more than each other and will more often than not snuggle up to each other for comfort. But on the plus they are not fighting so don't lose your nerve yet. There's nothing worse than bonding your own bunnies, it's so stressful :lol:

Yes I'm probably being over protective, just don't want either of them to be hurt. Buzz makes me laugh though typical bloke won't take no for an answer just keeps on trying.

And yes on the plus side theres been no fighting - fingers crossed it stays that way.

I know what you mean I was worried sick when I bonded my 6. I did have to break up a couple of scraps and they did get a soaking once or twice :lol::lol: but they are all ok now but I certainly did lose sleep over it!!

Back