• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Disaster

tabithakat64

Mama Doe
So some of you will already know after 10 days of being happily bonded Claudia and Blue had a massive fight on Monday morning :cry:

I can only think he cornered her and she panicked :(
Claudia kicked him in the mouth (requiring stitches) and has bitten his ear (requiring glue). Claudia has two broken toes, she ripped a nail out and has two bite wounds which required gluing, one on her belly and one on her back. They're both on pain killers and antibiotics.

We had no aggression at all during bonding other than mild chasing and although Claudia was a little jumpy, Blue was gentle and they groomed snuggled etc.

So obviously I need to find Claudia a new maybe smaller, older quieter husbun who is more like Desbun was.

Although Blue could go back to rescue, I kind of feel like I've made a commitment to him so I guess I will be looking for a new wifebun for him too.

I've spent £400 on vets bills for them. plus another £350 for Desbun so am absolutely broke.

I need to update my foster set up currently a 6x2x2 hutch above a 6x8x2.2 run really too :( Claudia couldn't really use the ramp now as she'll always have wonky toes, so current option is making another panel for the run and a base for the hutch and joining the two together.

So get well vibes, new partner vibes, bonding vibes needed for buns and anti stress thoughts needed for me.

So some of you will already know after 10 days of being happily bonded Claudia and Blue had a massive fight on Monday morning :cry:

Claudia kicked him in the mouth (requiring stitches) and has bitten his ear (requiring glue). Claudia has two broken toes, she ripped a nail out and has two bite wounds which required gluing, one on her belly and one on her back. They're both on pain killers and antibiotics.

We had no aggression at all during bonding other than mild chasing and although Claudia was a little jumpy, Blue was gentle and they groomed snuggled etc.

So obviously I need to find Claudia a new maybe smaller, older quieter husbun who is more like Desbun was.

Although Blue could go back to rescue, I kind of feel like I've made a commitment to him so I guess I will be looking for a new wifebun for him too.

I've spent £400 on vets bills for them. plus another £350 for Desbun so am absolutely broke.

I need to update my foster set up currently a 6x2x2 hutch above a 6x8x2.2 run really too :( Claudia couldn't really use the ramp now as she'll always have wonky toes, so current option is making another panel for the run and a base for the hutch and joining the two together.

So get well vibes, new partner vibes, bonding vibes needed for buns and anti stress thoughts needed for me.

Oh lordy, Rabbits sure know how to raise our blood pressure....................

I hope that the wounds heal quickly. Were Claudia and Blue near any other Rabbits ? Could it have been referred aggression that made things kick-off ?

I'm so very sorry. It all looked so promising and no hint of any aggression to come. You could never have known.

I really hope you and your bank balance recover equilibrium as soon as possible. I really feel for you x

I'm so sorry this hasn't worked out and also that it developed into such a stressful and expensive event. You'd never have thought that Claudia could inflict that much damage. She always looks such a gentle little soul.

Sending loads and loads of vibes for the rabbits and hugs for you.

Back