• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Billie-Joe & Noodles *update post 42*

It's not not positive right now, so don't panic. Have you increased the size at all?

I tend to notice with my bondings that when it's a very easy start they have a novelty effect of spending time with the other bunny, and then gradually, as they have been bonded for longer, the more sort of long term situation shows itself (and often this does involve the bunnies apart a lot as well as together). They may end up pals as opposed to loved up bunnies.

Humping is ok too :)

Also can't not say this. They are very beautiful :D

:wave: Hi Tracy, I did increase the size by approximately 6 inches (I couldn't have them in the pen formed by panels any longer). I so want them to be love-buns - it's so lovely to see Chester loved up with his gf Prudence, that I want the same for his bro. I know - they'll decide.

And yes, I agree, they are a very handsome couple :love:

Well I am very happy now - they really do seem totally comfortable with each other and spend most of the time snuggling together :love:
:love:
:love:

My Sis doesn't see them very often (she lives up North ;)) . Consequently she notices any changes in the buns. She was quite surprised at the size of Billie-Joe yesterday and proclaimed that he'd let himself go now that he's got the love of a good woman :lol::lol: I concur he may be a bit porky :oops: - he seems to have a dewlap any doe would be proud of :oops: Before anyone tells me off, he has just had a Vet check with his vaccination and the Vet pointed out his weight is fine but he shouldn't be allowed to gain anymore.

Anyway back to the lovebuns :love:

BJNoodles001-1.jpg

BJNoodles002-2.jpg

One more :oops: Happy bunny flop :love::love:

Sorry about the poor quality of the pics tkaen through the bars but you get the idea

BJNoodles004-1.jpg

Awesome!

I wonder if the behaviour you were seeing was related to the standard heirarchy testing in some way, just presenting itself in a different way.

Either way, I'm glad things are improving :D

Awesome!

I wonder if the behaviour you were seeing was related to the standard heirarchy testing in some way, just presenting itself in a different way.

Either way, I'm glad things are improving :D
:wave: I guess so... little do they know how much their heirarchy issues frazzle our nerves :lol: . Yesterday Noodles did a pathetic attempt at humping but I do feel they've sorted themselves out.

Their apres Christmas present can be the opening of the extension as I'm leaving them in this reduced space for a good while.

Well they are now very happy and comfortable together so I've increased the space by joining the dog crate and the pen together. Although I'm less happy with Noodles remodelling of the wicker two storey love seat... it won't last 5 minutes at the rate she's chewing it :roll:

BJNoodles001-2.jpg

I'm posting these as ther seems to be some interest due to the number of posts, even though no-one replies.

My patience has paid off and they are so happy and snuggly together :love:

BJNoodles003.jpg

BJNoodles008-1.jpg

I've been reading too! But reading & running sorry :oops:
Very happy for you & the buns.
This has been a lovely bonding thread & the great pics will help others who are less confident feel that they are on the right track. :thumb:

:love: I've just read this and awwwwwwwwww!!! I have recently bonded a trio so know exactly how it feels to have the stress taken away and to see happy snuggly bunnies! :love: So worth it! :D

:wave: Thank you KB and it's nice to think this thread may help some bun somewhere.

:wave: BYB and Tracy -yes BJ is totally soppy and happy, it's such a joy to see :love:

:wave: Ralphus Maximus - well done you for bonding your trip - trios rock :lol: :love: I haven't been on here very much of late but will see if I can find photos of your new trio :thumb:

Thank you so much for posting these pictures!
I brought my second bun home today and he's settling in to his temporary home atm. I am so nervous about starting bonding, so many things I'm unsure about and worried about the first being when exactly should I start bonding?
Your pictures and story will be a great reference for me and reassurance that is my two do similar things I'm on the right track!
Thank you again!
PS your buns are totally gorgeous!

Thank you so much for posting these pictures!
I brought my second bun home today and he's settling in to his temporary home atm. I am so nervous about starting bonding, so many things I'm unsure about and worried about the first being when exactly should I start bonding?
Your pictures and story will be a great reference for me and reassurance that is my two do similar things I'm on the right track!
Thank you again!
PS your buns are totally gorgeous!

:wave: I fully understand your nerves as I find bonding buns extremely stressful and usually leave it to the experts. Why don't you start a new thread in this section then people will be able to offer advice and support :) . SKY-O is very experienced and is one of a number of people on here that offer great advice :D.

You'll need to post the basics i.e. gender, neutering status, age, location of where you're bonding as well as other things that I can't recall at the mo.

The very best of luck and my gorgeous pair say thank you :thumb:

Back