• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Behaviour

kazz

Alpha Buck
We're on day two of Marley and Freya/Fraya (we're still in discussion to be honest :lol:).

Yesterday Marley took a tuft of Freya's fur but there were no marks or scratches. There was some chasing by Marley, and Freya pretty much stayed in her corner until chased out. They both had a wander and a sniff of the bathroom exploring when each other were far apart. And Marley went to her and looked as if he was biting her eyes at one point but she didn't move until the last one where she flinched as if maybe he nipped a bit? Then we left it at that and seperated them again. They've both been in each others housing to mix scents too.

We've done two bondings today. This morning Marley did a bit more chasing and a bit more licking (?) the eyes and sniffing her. Sniffed her ears too and back. Then he kind of perched which she was in her corner. He has charged once or twice but if she hasnt moved hes just sniffed and backed off and if shes ran hes chased.

Then tonight he did his licky eye thing to her and she flinched again so it finished I'm guessing he's nipped her? No marks or problems though. Theres been a bit of chasing but she only thumped once at him tonight. Previous ones thereve been plenty.

Anyway this is how tonight finished:
photo-4_zps90adb5bf.jpg

Is this good? Bad? I read something about being flopped out means he thinks she's rubbish? Is this classed as flopped? He had his legs out to the side for a while before he tucked them under him again.

We're on day two of Marley and Freya/Fraya (we're still in discussion to be honest :lol:).

Yesterday Marley took a tuft of Freya's fur but there were no marks or scratches. There was some chasing by Marley, and Freya pretty much stayed in her corner until chased out. They both had a wander and a sniff of the bathroom exploring when each other were far apart. And Marley went to her and looked as if he was biting her eyes at one point but she didn't move until the last one where she flinched as if maybe he nipped a bit? Then we left it at that and seperated them again. They've both been in each others housing to mix scents too.

We've done two bondings today. This morning Marley did a bit more chasing and a bit more licking (?) the eyes and sniffing her. Sniffed her ears too and back. Then he kind of perched which she was in her corner. He has charged once or twice but if she hasnt moved hes just sniffed and backed off and if shes ran hes chased.

Then tonight he did his licky eye thing to her and she flinched again so it finished I'm guessing he's nipped her? No marks or problems though. Theres been a bit of chasing but she only thumped once at him tonight. Previous ones thereve been plenty.

Anyway this is how tonight finished:
photo-4_zps90adb5bf.jpg

Is this good? Bad? I read something about being flopped out means he thinks she's rubbish? Is this classed as flopped? He had his legs out to the side for a while before he tucked them under him again.

I thought being flopped out was a sign of relaxation which would be a good thing.

Me too, I read it in another topic but I didnt know what flopping constituted of :lol:. One time he looked as if he was laid to pounce and the other was that. They've both sat washing themselves at a distance which I took as a good sign. Hes a bit jeckle and hyde with chasing and then grooming (if thats what he is doing to her eyes? :S).

I think the best method for bonding with rabbits are staying close to your rabbit but never stop him doing anything, show your care for them, try to play their games. While playing involve them when they are sleepy so stay around them they start involving in you.

Last edited:
Marley is fine with us. In fact he tries to be boss more often than not. Freya is still skitty but getting more confident with her exploring. If only she'd eat more hay! Its just trying to understand the bunny behaviour toward each other and I suppose its going well compared to some other bonding attempts!

Back