• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding at Fat Fluffs rabbit rescue?

Stargirl170

Young Bun
Hello all

I am struggling with bonding two males and two females as a quad - all neutered. I have read loads of tips to try online but when it comes down to it, I get way too nervous when they start chasing etc. as my buns have had a few injuries (nothing serious) and I don't want a fight to start!

Whilst looking for advice online I have come across http://www.fatfluffs.com/ who are a rabbit rescue who also offer a bonding service. This is the closest 'professional bonding' place I have come across to me - It is still 40mins away (I live in Cannock, Fat Fluffs is solihull way)

I was going to give this a try and ask them to try and bond my bunnies for me.

So, my question is, has anyone else used them before? I would like to hear you experiences!

I hate leaving my buns so this is a hard decision but I would love them to get on!

Thank you!

I volunteered at Fat Fluffs over a period of 2 years. Chloe who owns it is fantastic and has a great record of successful bonds. Your bunnies will be closely monitored & in safe hands x

I'd go for Fatfluffs if I needed bonding help. I haven't used them or any bonding service myself but they have a great reputation & I found their website invaluable when struggling with my last bond. I get really nervy putting them together to sort things out so can empathise with those feelings. A quad would be lovely, I hope it works out for you all

Thank you, I feel more reassured now that my bunnies are going to the right place, fingers crossed a quad works, I think it would make them all a lot happier!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I do home checks for Fat Fluffs as well as helping out at events. They have bonded bunnies twice for me and are brilliant!! Definitely get in touch with them xx

I can't rate Fat Fluffs enough!!! They are all amazing people that love bunnies so much!!! I took both my girls to them to be bonded with two gorgeous boys, started as a quad that has now ended in a trio and the boy that was not excepted was on his own so back I took him to find him a girlfriend, so I have a very happy trio and a very happy pair!! Three adopted from fat fluffs! I trusted them completely with my babies so much so I traveled 2.5 hrs to get there!!!:shock::shock:

Hi all, bit of an update!

I dropped my babies off at fat fluffs on Tuesday and picked them up today (Friday) so they have been there 3 days. They started off in a small dog cage and I called a few times a day for updates. Nero, one of my boys caused a bit of a fuss over the days with humping and chasing but that settled down. They were moved into an indoor rabbit pen which is larger.

My other boy, Jax, has been very skittish and nervous so the guy at fat fluffs told me to just keep an eye on the boys. He advised I set up a pen the same size as the indoor rabbit cage they were in so I've done that. Nero is not causing any problems, however Jax is still very nervous and tries to flee from the other rabbits when they come up to him.

This may cause some problems with the ongoing bonding process :( three of them are happily cuddled up in a corner and Jax is sitting on the opposite side of the cage!

Does anyone have any advise on how I can help Jax stop being so nervous?
Would anyone recommend making the space smaller again to bring him closer to the others?
Or should I just leave everything as it is and hope things improve on their own?

I really want this to work this time round! I'll post a pic of the current set up in a minute...

So here is the current set up... any advice is greatly appreciated!
621150860b891b6d55e83304b8a6acf8.jpg

I am the most unsuccessful bonder there has ever been so I've no advice but the current set up looks good to me. Good luck x

I've never bonded more than three but that set up looks fine. I think he'll come round.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

So here is the current set up... any advice is greatly appreciated!
621150860b891b6d55e83304b8a6acf8.jpg

Aww, its heartbreaking when one feels / looks left out isn't it? Nonetheless the set up looks fine & I think his confidence will grow with time. I found big piles of forage helpful in getting them to all interact & get used to each other. They all used to come together for fusses from me which I think helped with positive feelings of being groomed & safe. Good luck

Aww, its heartbreaking when one feels / looks left out isn't it? Nonetheless the set up looks fine & I think his confidence will grow with time. I found big piles of forage helpful in getting them to all interact & get used to each other. They all used to come together for fusses from me which I think helped with positive feelings of being groomed & safe. Good luck
I have been giving them their vegs in a big pile in the middle. I have ended up halving the space they have to try and limit the chasing :( After 48hrs no improvement yet though :(

Back