• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding an adult and baby

Omg she is so cute:love:
Lilabelle is beautiful!
Isn't she!! [emoji3] I love her so much already [emoji178]

I'm so pleased you like the name. I kind of put Little and Belle together and made the name. It's a bit like Lilly Belle aswell [emoji4] It is actually pronounced Lillabelle so maybe that spelling would make more sense? I feel it is so important getting the name right! It is like naming a child [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I just thought perhaps I should keep Mischief on his old feed (Burgess pellets) for now and wean him onto the new feed at the same time as baby? Rather than buying him a new feed and weaning him twice and saves putting him onto junior feed until absolutely necessary?

Aw, how cute is she. :love: Lil(l)abelle is a lovely name, too, however you end up spelling it. I guess if you want to be sure it's pronounced properly by the vet and everyone, it'd be easier to spell it the way you say it?

I hope someone can help you with the food situation, because that's tricky and I'm not sure what would be best! I think feeding them separately, with little Lil(l)abelle having her junior pellets, and Mischief his adult pellets (either his current ones or Science Selective ones if you want to switch him to that), would be best, but I don't know how easy that would be to manage while they're bonding. Maybe just split them up for the few minutes it'll take them to eat the pellets? Put a barrier in the bonding pen between them so they can both eat their own pellets in peace, and so Mischief wouldn't eat Lil(l)abelle's after finishing his own? I think I personally wouldn't put Mischief on junior pellets if he's prone to putting on weight, but junior pellets for her would be good as she'll need the extra protein while growing.

Aw, how cute is she. :love: Lil(l)abelle is a lovely name, too, however you end up spelling it. I guess if you want to be sure it's pronounced properly by the vet and everyone, it'd be easier to spell it the way you say it?

I hope someone can help you with the food situation, because that's tricky and I'm not sure what would be best! I think feeding them separately, with little Lil(l)abelle having her junior pellets, and Mischief his adult pellets (either his current ones or Science Selective ones if you want to switch him to that), would be best, but I don't know how easy that would be to manage while they're bonding. Maybe just split them up for the few minutes it'll take them to eat the pellets? Put a barrier in the bonding pen between them so they can both eat their own pellets in peace, and so Mischief wouldn't eat Lil(l)abelle's after finishing his own? I think I personally wouldn't put Mischief on junior pellets if he's prone to putting on weight, but junior pellets for her would be good as she'll need the extra protein while growing.
I like the idea of putting a panel between them! I am thinking the same way as you that they should have different feeds. She needs the growth type really but that would be a problem for Mischief.

He hardly has any pellets now but I luckily have kept him on a small amount a day as I think it would be mean to feed her them and him not have any especially if it's when he can still see!

I haven't got any spare panels though. I will look at tryin to buy a couple of spare ones if they do that. I'm wondering if they are all similar or if I have to get the same make? Would be handy to have extra to extend area aswell [emoji6]

I love her so much and have been so excited since his neutering went fine. Now I'm just worried about his abscess and how long it will take to heal. I've read up on it and it can take weeks with flushing out every day. I can't see us starting the bonding now for a while which is such a shame [emoji22]

Aw, yes, I'm sure Mischief wouldn't approve if only baby bunny got pellets and he got nothing! I hope you can maybe get a spare panel from somewhere. I'm really sorry Zeus is unwell with the lump now and you'll possibly have to wait a while longer before you can start the bonding. I know you've been really looking forward to Zeus having a friend. :(

Aw, yes, I'm sure Mischief wouldn't approve if only baby bunny got pellets and he got nothing! I hope you can maybe get a spare panel from somewhere. I'm really sorry Zeus is unwell with the lump now and you'll possibly have to wait a while longer before you can start the bonding. I know you've been really looking forward to Zeus having a friend. :(
Thank you. His name is Mischief though not Zeus but no worries! Makes me feel a bit better for my faux pas with your pronoun a few weeks ago! [emoji38] x

Thank you. His name is Mischief though not Zeus but no worries! Makes me feel a bit better for my faux pas with your pronoun a few weeks ago! [emoji38] x

Noooo, I'm so sorry I messed up his name! I was reading a book with Greek gods, and my brain must've been like, "Zeus is a bunny" or something, because of cheriseru's Zeus. Now we've both messed up, haha. I'm sorry! I even got it right the first time I mentioned him in my post, and then messed up anyway. :lol:

Noooo, I'm so sorry I messed up his name! I was reading a book with Greek gods, and my brain must've been like, "Zeus is a bunny" or something, because of cheriseru's Zeus. Now we've both messed up, haha. I'm sorry! I even got it right the first time I mentioned him in my post, and then messed up anyway. [emoji38]
I know! Don't worry I found it amusing especially as I messed up before [emoji55]

He would suit the name Zeus though. He is huge and thinks he is a god and we are the serfs! [emoji23] xx

I know! Don't worry I found it amusing especially as I messed up before [emoji55]

He would suit the name Zeus though. He is huge and thinks he is a god and we are the serfs! [emoji23] xx

I'm glad you just found it amusing, haha.

It does sound like it would be an appropriate name for him, then. :lol:

My OH is blitzing the lounge ready for the baby coming on Thursday. I feel so guilty as I am absolutely useless to him today. All the stress of last few days has hit me like a ton of bricks and I can hardly move. I feel so guilty watcging him working away[emoji20]

Our lounge has become a place to store junk and then we have had builders in re-plastering the kitchen so all the kitchen stuff is in there. So major haul out today ready. The lounge will be the place to bond them.

I'm kind of getting excited now we are preparing for her arrival [emoji3]

I've been so worried about Mr C that not really thought about baby coming much except worrying if we can cope! It has gone around so quick! We have got everything we need except flooring to bond them and a bowl and water bottle for her. Now just the cleaning and sorting out boxes of junk we don't need and my grandson's toys he has grown out of.

Not long now! [emoji16]

How exciting and stressful all at once. Hope all goes smoothly for you all when the time comes.

How exciting and stressful all at once. Hope all goes smoothly for you all when the time comes.
Thank you [emoji4]

I think I will just take it one step at a time and firstly just concentrate on getting her settled and her diet sorted. And she will need vet visit for check up and jabs aswell.

I am getting excited now! [emoji3] xx

Back