• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding advice!

cloughie

Banned
Hi :)...I'm pretty much good to go with bonding my 2 boys but obviously want to have a clear plan...help! :lol:

I have an indoor cage and plan to book off 10ish days from work (14 days including weekends) to oversee everything.

Should I put them together continously, like all day and all night, or do lil bonding sessions of 'X' amount of hours at a time?

If all seems to be going well I'll be putting them into Peb's hutch, which I will clean before hand to get rid of the smells. If all stays well then I'll be buying better accommodation for them both.

Does sound like an ok plan?

Should I worry about putting them out in the hutch if things seem to go well? If a fight breaks out I wont be around to break it up! :(

Deep breath and go for it :D...eek! :lol:...I do worry what with it being 2 boys.

Pebs has been in his hutch for nearly a year...even if I fully disinfected it for the 2 to go in would he still recognise it as his hutch and become teritorial over it?

I have just bonded 3 rabbits, two of them being boys, I used half water and half white vinegar to clean the hutch, give it a good spary and a good scrub over, this will neutralise the smells.
My two boys did fight to start with, so expect this to happen and don't get dissheartened if they do, I found this link very helpful. Good Luck

http://www.rabbitnetwork.org/articles/bond.shtml

I have just bonded 3 rabbits, two of them being boys, I used half water and half white vinegar to clean the hutch, give it a good spary and a good scrub over, this will neutralise the smells.
My two boys did fight to start with, so expect this to happen and don't get dissheartened if they do, I found this link very helpful. Good Luck

http://www.rabbitnetwork.org/articles/bond.shtml

Hey :wave: I was just reading your thread about bonding your 3, I'm glad it has worked out...2 boys and a girl is not the easiest I should imagine...well done :)

Thanks for the advice and link :). I used white vinegar today to clean the indoor cage I bought recently...I have never smelt something so rancid! Teach me to use it neat...I'll dilute it next time :lol

Back