• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding a Trio - Advice please

MellyRabiit

Alpha Buck
As per my other thread, my gorgeous little bunny Bugsy passed away unfortunately last night.

Poor little Harley is pining really bad :( and is so lonely.

I let him stay indoors for one night (last night) and was hoping to put him back outside.

I have two other pairs (one which he definately wont get on with). The other pair I think there could be a chance as they are both quite placid.

I would like to try it tonight in a neutral spot (kitchen), but I dont want to stress him out.

It may work to my advantage, he might try and be accepted more because he missed bugs, or he might reject.

Any other ideas/suggestions or discussions welcome? :)

Its definately worth a try he will be no worse off if it doesnt work. Do you have accomodation for three?

I think you should give it ago.
He really does need bunny company.
The longer you leave it then the longer he is going to be upset etc.
Its not nice seeing them like this :(

Goodluck with the bond x

I have two thistle hall hutches. One was bugsy and Harleys (now just Harleys) and one is Lottie and Alfie's.

I am planning on Bonding him with Lottie and Alfie - if possible! so they can live in the one hutch together!

I have two thistle hall hutches. One was bugsy and Harleys (now just Harleys) and one is Lottie and Alfie's.

I am planning on Bonding him with Lottie and Alfie - if possible! so they can live in the one hutch together!

how big are the hutches?
do they have a run?
:wave:

They are multi storey.

dimentions are 50" wide x 25"deep x 48" tall

(Got those measurements of ebay) unsure if they are correct.

No run - but they get daily access to a big garden.

They are multi storey.

dimentions are 50" wide x 25"deep x 48" tall

(Got those measurements of ebay) unsure if they are correct.

No run - but they get daily access to a big garden.

The hutch doesnt sound big enough,
it should be atleast 6ft.
my trio live in a 6ft hutch with access to our garden during the day, and away when it gets dark.

Edit: 50" wide x 25"deep x 48" tall
4ft wide x 2ft deep x 4ft tall

i think that is the size of your hutch in feet. im not very good with maths but it must be close? :?

Last edited:
Surely it depends largely on the size of your buns though too?

Alfie and Harley are both very little so it may be alright. I might have to put them in their for now until I can invest in a larger hutch, I am moving in two weeks so will be after this.

I would rather Harley have company, than a massive hutch to himself :(

Surely it depends largely on the size of your buns though too?

Alfie and Harley are both very little so it may be alright. I might have to put them in their for now until I can invest in a larger hutch, I am moving in two weeks so will be after this.

I would rather Harley have company, than a massive hutch to himself :(

For any sized bun, small or meduim should have atleast 6ft.

I agree, bond your bunnies, and when you can afford it upgrade your hutch.
aslong as they get plenty of space and time outside of the hutch, to have a run around and stretch their legs etc they should be ok until your able to afford an upgrade.
Its better for him to have company for now.

Goodluck with the bonding.
When will you start the bonding? :wave:

Back