• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding 4 rabbits UD A Spring fever?

I saw Ted groom elliot so im thinking he may be boss. I really thought they would become 2 seperate pairs but they've all been interacting etc
bonding016.jpg

bonding021.jpg

bonding014.jpg

bonding012.jpg

bonding013.jpg

bonding015.jpg

bonding017.jpg

bonding018.jpg

bonding019.jpg

Puppyjess12345.... I'm sooo interested in this thread as I've ordered a playhouse (arriving tuesday) and want to bond my four together - I'm scared tho :shock:

I'm also scared that the bonds they already have (2+2) will break?!

Come and do it for me - I have choccy biscuits :lol:

Your rabbits are gorgeous Puppyjess and it looks like all is going well!:love:

You are far braver than I am!

Puppyjess12345.... I'm sooo interested in this thread as I've ordered a playhouse (arriving tuesday) and want to bond my four together - I'm scared tho :shock:

I'm also scared that the bonds they already have (2+2) will break?!

Come and do it for me - I have choccy biscuits :lol:

Thank you I wish you luck. Seriously I was petrified at first but its gone fine so I'm a lot braver now. Currently downstairs as I trust them alone.

To be honest Grace and Elliots bond wasnt strong at all and I think they're glad they have some other bunnies that they get along with to interact with. Im quite suprised how easy it iss.

And i do love biscuits but im going to have to pass on that one ;)

Thank you I wish you luck. Seriously I was petrified at first but its gone fine so I'm a lot braver now. Currently downstairs as I trust them alone.

To be honest Grace and Elliots bond wasnt strong at all and I think they're glad they have some other bunnies that they get along with to interact with. Im quite suprised how easy it iss.

And i do love biscuits but im going to have to pass on that one ;)

Hmmmph!

:lol:

Aaawwww you've got 4 gorgeous bunnies there. I love all the pics :love:

It's making me want to rescue another pair to bond with the pair I already have now!
Maybe in the new year!

Thank everyone. Last night was only one small chase, luckily I was awake. Petted both of them and they stopped, Ted immediately went back to sleep - he is the laziest animal ever! :lol:

Just cleaned out shed, and will be putting them in their today, then next weekend adding on the run. Wish me lots of good luck vibes it doesn't ruin their great bond, they all look so happy together constantly all flopping :love::love:

Thank everyone. Last night was only one small chase, luckily I was awake. Petted both of them and they stopped, Ted immediately went back to sleep - he is the laziest animal ever! :lol:

Just cleaned out shed, and will be putting them in their today, then next weekend adding on the run. Wish me lots of good luck vibes it doesn't ruin their great bond, they all look so happy together constantly all flopping :love::love:

Is it warm in the shed? Its freezing outside, and they have been in your warm house for a couple of days... They will get cold going back outside in this weather. Have they lived outside before?

You need to introduce them to space slowly... So maybe seperate some of the shed for them to use and then slowly expand their space?

Is it warm in the shed? Its freezing outside, and they have been in your warm house for a couple of days... They will get cold going back outside in this weather. Have they lived outside before?

You need to introduce them to space slowly... So maybe seperate some of the shed for them to use and then slowly expand their space?

Well I've put down tons of blankets and then looooads of hay and straw. They cannot stay in the house, they have always lived outside they still have their winter coats :wave: Ted has been panting inside, so i think they'll love being back out in the fresh air.

How do I seperate a shed? :?:lol:

Well I've put down tons of blankets and then looooads of hay and straw. They cannot stay in the house, they have always lived outside they still have their winter coats :wave: Ted has been panting inside, so i think they'll love being back out in the fresh air.

How do I seperate a shed? :?:lol:

Oh thats good, im sure they will enjoy being back out in the 'cool' :lol:
You can see how they go in the whole of the shed together, but you'll have to keep a good close eye on them for any chasing etc.

You could build like a barrier in the shed, turning it into half the size. not sure how you can do this but its just an option to introduce the space more slowly.

But just see how they get on, sometimes when people introduce the space too quick fights can break out etc. Depends on the bunnies :wave:

I would be very careful of moving a quad group now if they were only started to be bonded a few days ago and are still iffy together. By moving them now after such a short time it is highly likely that they will kick off.

If I bond 2 rabbits I usually leave them about 72 hours at the very earliest before they are moved. A quad group I would leave at least a week as the change of enviroment can easily result in them having to sort out their hierachy in their new territory.

I would be very careful of moving a quad group now if they were only started to be bonded a few days ago and are still iffy together. By moving them now after such a short time it is highly likely that they will kick off.

If I bond 2 rabbits I usually leave them about 72 hours at the very earliest before they are moved. A quad group I would leave at least a week as the change of enviroment can easily result in them having to sort out their hierachy in their new territory.

Oh, umm I've already moved them :? I only have the weekend to bond anyway.

So far its going well, Ted chased Rosie for about 20 seconds trying to hump her but then gave up. They ate from a bowl together, now they're just eating hay.

eek are you going to be able to supervise? or at least pop out every hour or so - it only takes a few seconds for it all to kick off (as I know).. I hope it doesnt - they make a lovely 4!!

Good Luck x

Back