• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding 4 buns 3 male 1 female?

emmiiee

Warren Veteran
Is this better than 3 males?? would it be easier with an added female ?

Would the female have to be spayed if all 3 males are neuted?

Is this better than 3 males?? would it be easier with an added female ?

Would the female have to be spayed if all 3 males are neuted?

If your female isn't speyed she is:

a) very likely to develop uterine cancer (it affects 85% of unspeyed females) and
b) very likely to be hormonal and therefore be difficult to bond. If bonding were successful there is a much greater risk of them falling out at a later date. Injuries sustained by such a fall out could be fatal.
c) more likely to be aggressive/grumpy/territorial

My advice. Get ALL the buns neutered & speyed. Males must be kept separate from unspeyed females for 8 weeks after neutering as they can still be fertile during this time.

If your female isn't speyed she is:

a) very likely to develop uterine cancer (it affects 85% of unspeyed females) and
b) very likely to be hormonal and therefore be difficult to bond. If bonding were successful there is a much greater risk of them falling out at a later date. Injuries sustained by such a fall out could be fatal.
c) more likely to be aggressive/grumpy/territorial

My advice. Get ALL the buns neutered & speyed. Males must be kept separate from unspeyed females for 8 weeks after neutering as they can still be fertile during this time.

okay thank you, 2 outa my 4 boys are neuted 1 more to go next week and 1 bun lives on his own well semi wild in the garden

can't get the female i want to bond with the boys spayed untill sept time as she is only 16 weeks, grr annoying

Matilda will be done soon, and again graice is only 12 weeks so has to wait untill sept time

grr that has put my bonding in 10 weeks plan out the window! wnt be able to bond untill the girl Daisy is spayed in sept time so gona be atleast october before bonding arghhh

why can things never be easy!!

okay thank you, 2 outa my 4 boys are neuted 1 more to go next week and 1 bun lives on his own well semi wild in the garden

can't get the female i want to bond with the boys spayed untill sept time as she is only 16 weeks, grr annoying

Matilda will be done soon, and again graice is only 12 weeks so has to wait untill sept time

grr that has put my bonding in 10 weeks plan out the window! wnt be able to bond untill the girl Daisy is spayed in sept time so gona be atleast october before bonding arghhh

why can things never be easy!!

Re. speying, speak to your vet. If the bun is at least 1kg and over 16 weeks it may be possible. Each bun has to be considered individually.

Re. speying, speak to your vet. If the bun is at least 1kg and over 16 weeks it may be possible. Each bun has to be considered individually.

oo okay! i think daisy could be over 1kg and shes just 16 weeks have to wait for her to get over the snuffles and the vet treatment to settle etc so will ask the vet in a few weeks that would speed things up soo much!! just need to get the EC treatment done now!

fingers crossed!

oo okay! i think daisy could be over 1kg and shes just 16 weeks have to wait for her to get over the snuffles and the vet treatment to settle etc so will ask the vet in a few weeks that would speed things up soo much!! just need to get the EC treatment done now!

fingers crossed!

Now you're confusing me :? Have the buns had snuffles & EC?

Now you're confusing me :? Have the buns had snuffles & EC?

No but apparently when bringing new buns into a place the buns should be treated for worms/ preventative treatment for EC?

I wish you could bond ALL your buns together Emmie :D It'd be amazing haha. xo

No but apparently when bringing new buns into a place the buns should be treated for worms/ preventative treatment for EC?

I wish you could bond ALL your buns together Emmie :D It'd be amazing haha. xo

i'd need a second house!! aha one for me one for the buns!!

Back