• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Boarding recommendations near Nottingham

beki

Mama Doe
Hi everyone,
Does anyone have any boarding recommendations in Nottingham?

I’m looking specifically for boarders and not people that come to your house. I have a friend who can pop in and check the rabbits if needed but I’d prefer boarding.

My usual boarder (she runs a cattery and takes small furries of her cattery clients, she doesn’t advertise as a rabbit boarder) can’t have them.

I’m going to sound like a bad bunny mum here but I don’t mind if they are kept in pens or hutches, they will be fine for a few days with less room than usual but I would like someone who can check on them as one of them is 9.5

Brinsley Animal Rescue used to do boarding, and I've looked at Jacksdale I think as well. I can't remember if it was Stonebridge City Farm or White Post Farm that did it was well but I wasn't happy with their hutch only situation. I used someone in Gedling who was good but I can't find them now, I presume they closed.

I could do it if you're stuck. We board guinea pigs in the attic for friends, and it's not like the OH doesn't collect enough forage for 40 rabbits let alone just our 2 :lol:. But I've not been that well recently (I think I might be getting better now?) and I don't want to commit without asking the OH first XD We have indoor and outdoor space ATM but outdoor will be at a premium when we reseed the lawn ;P For all the good it;ll do!

Thanks for your reply :)
I’m really close to gedling but couldn’t find anywhere there. I think Stonebridge do do boarding, I had forgotten about them. The thing with Stonebridge is I think it might be a bit noisy with the visitors, I’m not sure if they have anywhere separate and quiet for the bunnies that are boarding. I had seen that brinsley do it but I didn’t enquire as it’s quite a bit out of the way for me.

I have found somewhere in carlton, they have good reviews. Bunnies will be in a hutch with access to a run and I’m fine with that as it’s just over the bank holiday weekend. I hope they are ok. I haven’t seen the place (only photos and I haven’t had time to visit as it’s pretty last minute) but the ladies that run it seem nice and are happy to give my bunny his medicine so I’m happy with that, so we shall see how it goes.

Thank you so much for the offer of bunny boarding, that’s so nice of you!

No problem :) We can make space and I get the needs thing, plus finding anywhere suitable is hard! Google's rubbish sometimes.

Back