• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Biting??

This sounds odd but is it only in the mornings that she acts like this? Oidhche was a bad biter but has always been worse in the mornings, I guessed it was something to do with her being left overnight and me coming into her 'space' in the morning, she lives in the kitchen so has to share!

I'm not normally there when it happens I'm normally upstairs so I don't fuss her or anything because he's shouted at her. He shouts at her though when he bites her so I am worried that she might be a bit intimidated by him.

He does tend to avoid her now and doesn't pet her or stroke her anymore. I think she always goes for him but has only successfully bitten him a few times. When he said she was biting him I thought he meant just nipping until I saw his hand today :shock:

They are very close to the other bunnies and OH always fusses over Harvey so maybe he smells of Harvey to Ruby and she doesn't like it?

It sounds like referred aggression to me - taken out on a human - quite common behaviour and response. I should think that your OH's attitude towards her (don't mean to be rude here) will be exacerbating the problem.

Back