• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Big Enough Hutch?

I wish I had came on here first. I dont think a lot of people relise how much work bunnies really are. I feel so sorry for all the bunnies being bought in pet shops this easter:cry:.

happy hutch hunting and in response to your post i know there is a lot of work with bunnyes but they are so rewarding it always upsets me when they are given up or allowed to be kept in a neglect/cruel way and half the time its due to ignorance or from being misinformed! well done on coming on here and i hope you and your bunny(s) enjoy being around! x

yes I spent many many hours looking for a cheaper second hand childrens play house (I liked the play house idea so they can look out the windows), my problem was delivery, or collection, which meant hiring a van etc....also looked into buying materials for a run and it seemed quite pricey still, I prob went to the most expensive wood and wire sellers! :) I think I shall give up on my opinions now - Im clearly better asking for advice not giving it :( sorry

yes I spent many many hours looking for a cheaper second hand childrens play house (I liked the play house idea so they can look out the windows), my problem was delivery, or collection, which meant hiring a van etc....also looked into buying materials for a run and it seemed quite pricey still, I prob went to the most expensive wood and wire sellers! :) I think I shall give up on my opinions now - Im clearly better asking for advice not giving it :( sorry

Hey! That's a bit OTT!
Just saying :?
I suppose we're just lucky as we have a nice big 4x4.
Sorry if I made you feel like poo!
Did you not get your run materials from B&Q? That's the first place I'd turn to :lol:

He he its been a difficult week sorry.. poorly bunny etc. Prob oversensitive - lack of sleep through worry! :)
I did go to focus and found once Id costed up the different pieces of wood etc plus correct wire that some people seemed to be able to make them very cheaply the same size, perhaps bulk buying, perhaps soft vs hard wood also? I love looking though, it so nice buying them something bigger and better.

Omg that is amazing:shock:.

I think that is what I am gona have to go for cause I have fallen in love with it.

Is it ok to have the run on slabs? They wont hurt their feet or anything?

All of mine are on slabs where they have outside access as they can then use it 24/7 and don't get put away at night. If it's safe during the day then I feel it's safe at night.

I have two buns who have sore hocks and so I put wooden platforms down in their runs to help to make them worse.

I am also using a great big big of industrial rubber matting in one set up as these buns are a bit sore on the hocks and want to nip it in the bud.

I don't like runs on grass, even if meshed under as you can't keep them clean. The poos enevitably end up being squised into the grass and end up being very unsanitary. I use digging boxes instead.

This is an example of a good set up. Not mine but a lady who adopted a rabbit and is now a boarding client of mine. She liked the idea so much her husband had to make her one too!

Rabbits003b.jpg

This is one of mine - Rose Cottage
IMG_2334.jpg

Pleasure was all ours.....

Make sure you take loads of snaps and post up pictures of your progress; we love a photo at RU.

Helen

just to let you know you can get some bargains if you look around and more so now rather than when the weather starts to warm up as people go mad for them ... we purchased this 2 weeks ago for a bargain price of £50 gave it a lick of paint and put a new floor in and it looks like new, although its the kiddies and not the rabbits :lol:

i have purchased this for my bunny and it comes next week and i so cant wait :)

keep looking you cause its the right time of year to grab a bargain :D

Ooo I like the idea of using a cat flap and the shelving you have used. I am getting soooo many ideas about my wee wendy house now:D.

Back