• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Big day for Grace and Luther

This is a really interesting discussion about the dynamics of bonding, topping up the weekend vibes for Luther and Grace x

Isn’t it! I’ve been fascinated reading the ways in which the behaviour can be interpreted, it’s so interesting.
Aww thank you.
I hope Dillon is doing ok bless him <3 x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Topping up the bonding vibes :wave:

(sorry to have been off grid for a short while!)

Thank you so much :) I’m eagerly awaiting my phone call on Monday to see if they can come home and how they are doing!

No worries, I hope everything is ok x

Look who’s home!! <3 :-D

e9aa2a75c6a5adff01ac302a6fc12169.jpg

6c926c6a6e54ffd280a462a5349a9366.jpg

ddede4df47477a5cab44eedb59b3dfb0.jpg

Fabulous. Already planning their bunnymoon too judging by their reading material. I hope they settle well, they certainly look bright & relaxed

Aww thank you all so much <3

They seem to be settled, Luther a bit more than Grace, she just wants to loaf and sleep. So I’m putting that down to it being a long and strange week for her for now.

He’s still a bit uninterested in her but I’m hoping he will mellow a bit now he’s home.

But yes I’m so relieved to have them hope and happy so far :)

J&B I hadn’t noticed my subliminal message to them with the newspaper hahaha! Good spot :p

Xx

1f4f54d6534dcfe7d47a03223efc964f.jpg

I'm looking at the body language a bit closer (now I'm home on my pc), and I would say Luther is looking very relaxed and comfortable and clearly very much happy to be home. His whiskers are pert, his whole head is alert and bright and his body posture positive. Grace, understandibly, is the more aprehensive looking - she is clearly going to look to Luther for guidance and direction but they seem very much comfortable together. I am so loving this. :love:

Thanks everyone for your support and it’s lovely everyone is as happy as me for this potential happy ending for both these two, who very much deserved.

Craig 1965
I love reading your bunny analysis it’s both super interesting and really revealing because I totally see what you’re saying!

We had a good night as far as I could tell from my bunny cam.

This morning I got up because I spotted a bit of chasing. But it resolved very easily.

Things this morning I’ve seen, Luther has groomed Grace, and Grace gave him a full wash nose to behind his ears! So all good there, she seems to like the idea having a friend and really onboard.
However, he’s started today gently grunting and trying to mount her, not being aggressive although he did get a bit of her hair, but she doesn’t want it so keeps moving away. He did have a few thrusts one time but apparently that wasn’t enough.

I’m not really sure what to do as I’ve never dealt with humping before, I know it’s dominance but do you let it happen unless someone gets annoyed? Or is it just a no no?

They look very relaxed together :love: humping is normal behaviour in bonding, I just let them get on with it so long as they aren’t head humping, as bites there can cause bad wounds, or if it leads to bad chasing and circling. When I bonded Frosty and Fern he was doing all the humping, she just let him get on with it though. Although all hell broke loose when she tried to hump him back and a fight nearly ensued. Luckily I was able to split them up by sliding a plastic dustpan between them and they settled down again.

With humping I try to let it happen for a few moments then gently push the offending bun off & distract them if possible. However it very much depends on body language & if Grace is getting agitated (not the same as running away). I stop any wrong end humping. It is totally normal new bond behaviour though & it does IME get better within a few days. It sounds like Luey is top bun

Back