• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Big daft Hope needs your vibes ...update post42

oh angie...first time ive been able to get online today...didnt want to txt and bother you.....

poor hope...could this head turning be part of a seizure? bertie does that and then goes into a full seizure.....

hes doing pretty well on the phenobarb pills so far...but its terrifying now even to see him have the head turn or weird wash without washing....and i hold my breath..and the tube of rectal valium at the ready......:(

bertie they say is negative for ec..but when we stop giving him panacur..he seems to get a little worse. Also he tested positive for infection a some point in his past to toxacara...:shock: ive had him since he was 2...so they think previous home.

he gets ear infections from time to time..but its hard to tell if its an inner ear infection..middle ear infection.....but to xray it would take a GA...not on your nelly!!!

all i can do is keep sending vibes for poor hope...and bertie sends his love too...he looked like hed had a stroke ..odd bertie has what we call his thinking bouts..but now someones mentioned it..it looks like a petit mal attack....ive not noticed other buns have this:?

vibes and nosey rubs for hope..nosey rubs to franc....and HUGS HUGS for you hun....xxx

Last night the head jerking stopped and is more like a slight tilt this morning .
last night her eyes were flickering but that seems to have stopped too .

She seems a bit more responsive this morning . perked up and wobbled over to me when she heard my voice at the playhouse door . :love:
Shes struggling to get about still . wobbling a lot and seems to have trouble co ordinating and lifting her feet .:?

shes had a little piece of biscuit and a few dandylions but has refused pellets and veggies :?

her face seems droopy . ..she looks different :(

Im still worried but i have a little more hope than i did yesterday .

I'm sorry I have only just caught up with what's happening with Hope :cry:
Sending healing vibes for Hope ... will be thinking of you both x

Oh bless her Angie - I'm so glad you feel a little more hopeful today about Hope. Sending her loads more vibes xxx

angie (HUGS) i only wish shed respond better:(

when bertie and bluebell came back home..they refused to eat pellets....i thought perhaps the pellets were off..but merlin was snarfing them down. i did the usual..fresh herbs and weetabix....then i bought some excel with oregano and sprinkled a little in with the science selective. I mean a few pellets in with ss pellets..just a few.

it helped..eventually they took interest again..both of them..phew!!

berties hind legs are giving him problems but then he shocks us by chasing bluebell around downstairs to give her a good slap cos she was humping him whilst he was eating:oops:

has the vet drawn any bloods? just curious as our vets did and each time since willow died..berties got anaemia with no obvious cause...vets all say its a sign of chronic infection somewhere in his system. Merlin too is now anaemic.....same reason.

berties i figure is the pasturella...merlins is the necrotic fatty tissue in his tummy. But it can be anywhere....i am thinking of you hope and franc....i feel sick thinking about it...it was bad enough when bertie temp lost the use of his legs and wobbled and fell over and kept trying to breathe.....i lost it...

you knew hope had a brain virus and have kept such a close eye on her....its shocking to deal with:(

come on hope.....youve got to get better to give franc a run for his money...and mummy needs you to start getting better. xxx

Have only just seen this Angie. :(

Sending the wonderful Hope tons and tons of vibes xxx

I really hope she'll be ok.......... she's such a special girly.

Back