• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Best carry case for 2 rabbits

Springfield24

Alpha Buck
Hi I have 2 rabbits that are medium/average size - one is a dwarf lop and the other is a slightly smaller mixed type (unknown breed).
I have a carrier that will fit one rabbit in at a time and if I absolutely HAD to I could squeeze both rabbits in. As such I haven't needed to. (Current measures are 44cm wide 33cm tall 32cm deep)

I want a new carrier that will comfortably fit them both in. Ideally I'd like one that can open at the front to make it easier to coax them in if needed AND opens at the top for lifting them out too although I'd be happy with just a top opening.

I've looked all over but can't decide which would be best a soft or hard carrier?!

Could anybody please recommend me a decent one? ! I'm not too worried about price if it's good quality.

Thanks! :)

A lot of us on here (me included) use the catit cabrio carrier. It's brilliant, lots of space, nice and airy, plus you can open the little flap thing on the front to pop food in or stoke noses without actually opening the carrier and risking escaped buns!

Only issues are that it is quite heavy and it does not stack so can be annoying to store. I still think its great though!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Catit-Design-Carrier-Airline-Approved/dp/B002RLE13M

Eta- just saw your mention of a soft carrier. I really wouldn't risk it, a bunny could nibble out in minutes :shock: plus I've never seen a soft carrier that was anything like sturdy. I wouldn't feel my buns would be safe in one.

Last edited:
Thank you I've seen that one before actually and thought it looked good. Problem is with buying online it's never what it seems so it's great to get a positive review :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Thank you I've seen that one before actually and thought it looked good. Problem is with buying online it's never what it seems so it's great to get a positive review :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I used to work in a rescue and we used to use them for the bonding bunnies. We always seemed to have a couple in use at any one time and were lovely carriers. Sometimes after being taken apart to be sterilised between buns the top opening bit wouldn't seem to line up quite right, if you didn't put it together just so it could be fiddly. But once it was together properly they are a breeze!

A lot of us on here (me included) use the catit cabrio carrier. It's brilliant, lots of space, nice and airy, plus you can open the little flap thing on the front to pop food in or stoke noses without actually opening the carrier and risking escaped buns!

Only issues are that it is quite heavy and it does not stack so can be annoying to store. I still think its great though!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Catit-Design-Carrier-Airline-Approved/dp/B002RLE13M

Eta- just saw your mention of a soft carrier. I really wouldn't risk it, a bunny could nibble out in minutes :shock: plus I've never seen a soft carrier that was anything like sturdy. I wouldn't feel my buns would be safe in one.

I have this carrier too for my pair who are 1.9 kilos and 2.2 kilos and they have plenty of space.it is so easy to use. I love it :)

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk 2

I've had two 3kg bunnies in one of those too. It's 'snug' but they tend to sit ontop of each other anyway whilst travelling so even if I gave them acres of space, they'd still squish into one corner :roll:. The Cabrio has good ventilation and amazingly easy access. Sadly, mine is now confined to the loft as I have a trio and it's not big enough for that!

I have a skipper 2 pet carrier. I bought it from the rescue we got Bailey from and I was skeptical but they seem to both fit in it ok.

Back