• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Best ages to bond?

blaisey

Mama Doe
Is there a maximum age at which you can bond rabbits?

Flopsie is a 20 month old neutered (and naughty) doe and I'd love to bond her to a boy bunny, really I'm looking for a very docile bunny to bond her with in the hope it might balance her naughtiness out a bit.

Is she too old to bond? (I'm guessing not as she's only quite young really) and is there a minimum or maximum aged bunny I should be looking for.

I've been looking on local rescue sites for rabbits who are a similar age and neutered but can't seem to find any and feel I'm going to have to widen my search but don't know how much to widen it by.

Any suggestions? Or does anyone know any bunnies that need bonding that would be ideal for the Flopsie Monster?

You can bond at any age, but it's best to wait until they are neutered so you don't have to rebond. It sounds like she could go with any neutered boy really. The closer the age the better so that they have similar levels of energy etc but 1yr - 3yr would probably be your ideal range. It's not THAT important though.

Have you tried Northumberland rabbit and small animal rescue? And Pawz for thought rescue? They have tons of male buns in at the min and NRSA (and Pawz Im sure) always neuter before they rehome xx

Oh and Pipkin rabbit rescue in sunderland also has a male in! Sorry for bombarding this thread lol, but Pawz is in sunderland and has males and NRSA have sunderland contacts also I think. Good luck in finding Flopsie a hubby :D

Never too old. I have just bonded a 9yr old boy with a 6 1/2 year old girl. They adore each other. I am tonight bonding an 8yr old boy with a young lady probably about 2yrs max (stray so can't be sure).

It's more important to match suitable temperaments not ages.

Back