• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bernie- -u/d 1st October-Post 63

Oh Jane, I'm so sorry and will be thinking of you, Bernie and the Colonel tomorrow.

Your pictures of Bernie in her "dead" pose always made me laugh, although I'm sure they always gave you heart failure every time.

Bernie is such a beautiful bunny and I hope her passing is peaceful.

Having had lots of SQ Hartmanns this afternoon Bernie has now started to eat ALOT more. I feel quite sure that her Kidneys are packing up :cry:
Its so hard to know what to do. Today, before the SQs, Bernie was so quiet and seemingly too tired to eat. Not the 'in pain' not eating though, its hard to explain.......more that she just felt 'yuck' and wanted to sleep. I felt sure that it was right to let her go. But now she's rehydrated she's perked up so much and she's got the spark back in her eyes...............
But without SQs will she go back downhill again, she will if she's in renal failure.

Sorry, just thinking 'out loud'. I will just have to wait to see C tomorrow

Having had lots of SQ Hartmanns this afternoon Bernie has now started to eat ALOT more. I feel quite sure that her Kidneys are packing up :cry:
Its so hard to know what to do. Today, before the SQs, Bernie was so quiet and seemingly too tired to eat. Not the 'in pain' not eating though, its hard to explain.......more that she just felt 'yuck' and wanted to sleep. I felt sure that it was right to let her go. But now she's rehydrated she's perked up so much and she's got the spark back in her eyes...............
But without SQs will she go back downhill again, she will if she's in renal failure.

Sorry, just thinking 'out loud'. I will just have to wait to see C tomorrow

Why don't you get bloods done and then at least you will know one way or another if it is her kidneys. It is so much easier to make the right decision when you have more information.

We have bunnys blood tested regularly and besides Timmy who is unique :roll: it has never really bothered any of them :)

Back