• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Been away from here for a while but need some help / EC

Thank you everyone for being so kind, it’s very much appreciated. I’ve read loads of things on different bunny problems but not much on EC. Hi Liz ;-)
I took her to the vets on Saturday as she seemed to be limping from the front shoulder but certainly not head tilt. They thought the same and gave her Metacam by injection and gave me some to give her orally. So hopefully in some way the Metacam she had before I noticed the tilt (which was Sunday) may have helped (?)
So now she is having Baytril, Panacur and the Metacam and I have Science Recovery on standby as she’s off pellets. Vet said to give her everything and anything she will eat to keep her strength up.
Yuki is beautiful by the way x

thankies, she knows it to gets soooo spoiled :lol:

Theres not much about on EC because theres a lot of debate over how it should and shouldnt be treated and if things are affective etc... theres no solid proof either way of treatments and success.

We as bunny mummys and daddies just have to go on what has seemed to work for our buns

Little update this morning . Amber seems almost her normal self despite the head tilt which isn’t severe. I swear her balance isn’t as bad as yesterday but maybe that’s just me or she’s coping with it better. She had SEVEN teaspoons of recovery (she isn’t interested in pellets) eagerly and then I tried her on herbs and grated carrot , parsnip and apple which I put on her upturned bowl so she could eat/see it better and she ate most of that. She was snatching at hay a bit. I did syringe feed her water which she was licking away at, I think she may prefer that to the bowl or bottle. I did gently massage her shoulders which she seemed to like. She also took her meds really well as I thought I may have had a fight on my hands but she’s being so good with everything.

Hmmm have stroppy bun syndrome tonight though. I've never known such a temper tantrum with a carrot top before :shock:

Just wondering if anyone can offer any advice. Amber is doing well and seems only to have head tilt and she seems fine in herself but she doesn’t seem to be eating all her morning greens or normal evening pellets. She is eating hay though and any biccie treats I give her. She will eat C.C and pellets if I mash them up in water off a spoon but not hard pellets. I’m just wondering if this is normal with E.C and what should I do?

Just wondering if anyone can offer any advice. Amber is doing well and seems only to have head tilt and she seems fine in herself but she doesn’t seem to be eating all her morning greens or normal evening pellets. She is eating hay though and any biccie treats I give her. She will eat C.C and pellets if I mash them up in water off a spoon but not hard pellets. I’m just wondering if this is normal with E.C and what should I do?

Wesley was the same when he had headtilt when I first had him. If she is still feeling dizzy she will probably pick stuff that she fancies. Have the vets checked her teeth recently.

Thanks hun, teeth were thoroughly checked on the Saturday and there wasn't anything amiss and it was by the vet that knows her well. I'm adding less and less water with the pellets but she seems to be prefering them more 'mashed'.

Back